Potentially the longest thread in history...

Pssh so rude! There's too many mozzies around to be killing him, plus it's actually really fun to watch these guys hunt. They literally stalk their prey and can jump pretty insanely far

Yesterday I cut my hair with a 3mm buzz cut, I normally do 6 or 9mm so this feels...pretty damn short. My nanna saw me and said "you look like you're bald with a 5oclock shadow on your head". Thanks nanna :grin: always know how to make me feel good.

The positive side is I look like a criminal, so even the dodgy looking people are giving me a wider berth at the skate parks and such :p
The negative side is I look like a criminal :lol:

I have a friend that is intensely defending Alienware saying they always make custom tailored gaming PCs that will always outperform custom "frankenstein PCs". That they will take something from another company and add their "services and warranty" to it, while also automagically updating to keep everything running at top performance while we have to upgrade. That because we are taking so many parts from different companies that we won't get the max performance we can get.

May her wallet RIP, and her soul recover quickly from the massive disappointment she will no doubt come across.

I have a friend that is intensely defending Alienware saying they always make custom tailored gaming PCs that will always outperform custom "frankenstein PCs". That they will take something from another company and add their "services and warranty" to it, while also automagically updating to keep everything running at top performance while we have to upgrade. That because we are taking so many parts from different companies that we won't get the max performance we can get.

May her wallet RIP, and her soul recover quickly from the massive disappointment she will no doubt come across.

Lolwut

I've never looked into it, but I am guessing they use the cheapest OEM **** they can find. Obviously an Intel CPU is an Intel CPU, but I bet the GPU is from some unknown Chinese OEM that's even worse than the reference design, and the motherboard is made by Ching Chong Che Hoi incorporated.

Ching Chong Che Hoi incorporated.

This might sound racist, but there was genuinely a Chinese guy on my course called Ching Chong. Whenever anyone mentioned his name there'd be a gasp and a thatsracist.gif, and you'd have to be like, no no, that's actually his name!

Lolwut

I've never looked into it, but I am guessing they use the cheapest OEM **** they can find. Obviously an Intel CPU is an Intel CPU, but I bet the GPU is from some unknown Chinese OEM that's even worse than the reference design, and the motherboard is made by Ching Chong Che Hoi incorporated.
Last time I looked in their triangular **** box with **** airflow they were using reference cards, a small 120 Asetek AIO, and a Foxconn OEM board that's locked down.

Basically her take was "they take years to perfect the build so it always is up to date for you" thatsnothowanyofthisworks.exe

I'm like, Alienware didn't even have 7700ks until like a month after I had mine, which was months after official launch. Now they are selling Skylake-X CPUs and can you imagine the amount of thermal throttling that's happening with the 8-18 core chips? 925 dollars for a ****ing 1080ti, I'm like the overprice is right in your face. She said they have everything matching and made to work together for maximum compatibility and stability. I'm like, they're using literally the same **** you can buy off Amazon, except you get 3-10 years worth of warranty depending on the product rather than having to pay for more than 1 year of support. The whole debate lasted via text for like 2 hours, and tbh it was quite ridiculous. The only thought going through my head was whoever sold you on this BS is quite misinformed or so ignorant their head is literally buried in sand.

Then she tried comparing the stuff to avionic electronics. Oh yea sure, the most "technologically advanced aircraft" is so advanced that the initial build was still analog. Hell just 2 years ago they were hitting me and the crew up in the iLab to implement a GPS system so the pilots didn't have to use pen and paper for mapping anymore. Sheesh. And this is a plane that costs several million per build. (Which mind you, I think they went with some sort of iPad system for GPS eventually)

I don't mind a debate from time to time, but this **** was so far in left field I was laughing hysterically.

Alienware was bought out by Dell years ago. That should kill any argument from her side, period.

I like the alienware style... but that's about it

I guess some people believe in that style so blindly they're willing to pay through the nose for it.

Back
Top Bottom