Potentially the longest thread in history...

Today I'm back at work after the long weekend, maaaaaan I am so sore -_- managed to lose my credit cards, my headphones, and my favourite (albeit useless) object that I've had since I was 17, so a lil bummed about that :/
Otherwise a pretty decent break, and boy am I glad that this week will only be a 4 day work week.

In other news, our govt has bumped the First Home Owners Grant from $10k to $15k for this year only, so I'm gonna be looking at buying instead of renting to move out now. Not quite as much saved as I'd like just yet, so it'll still be a few months down the track.

Today I'm back at work after the long weekend, maaaaaan I am so sore -_- managed to lose my credit cards, my headphones, and my favourite (albeit useless) object that I've had since I was 17, so a lil bummed about that :/
That's... impressive? How did you manage that?

Double post - should be getting my salary review sometime this week. Of course, I'm 800 miles away in Scotland, so I won't hear about it til I get back. What should I bet that they didn't do it and I'll have to pester them next Monday?

That's... impressive? How did you manage that?

Lots of skating/biking/beer, turns out it's a great way to forget stuff, have stuff drop out of your pockets, etc
Stupid :p but ah well. CCs I can get reissued easily, headphones only cost $17, only one irreplaceable thing lost. Worse things have happened

So I got conned in Vegas...I made some extra money this last month so I don't feel too bad losing it, I'm just annoyed cos i was tricked.
I figured it out after and started telling people over there because they were about to fall for it too.
It was the three shell game, apparently this game is common which is weird cos I've traveled to many cities and countries and never seen it.
I'm not a gambler and never had intentions too however when I watched it it seemed like a for sure thing...
I started researching this and started to find out that it was all a scam.
I found them again and went just to watch and everything I researched was true, the whole thing and even my wife noticed and I started telling people to back away.
I'm more annoyed about being tricked since it wasn't a fair game compared to if I lost the money at slots or black jack where there would have been a chance I could have won.

I wonder if there's a way I can spread awareness regarding this so others don't get tricked.

So I got conned in Vegas...I made some extra money this last month so I don't feel too bad losing it, I'm just annoyed cos i was tricked.
I figured it out after and started telling people over there because they were about to fall for it too.
It was the three shell game, apparently this game is common which is weird cos I've traveled to many cities and countries and never seen it.
I'm not a gambler and never had intentions too however when I watched it it seemed like a for sure thing...
I started researching this and started to find out that it was all a scam.
I found them again and went just to watch and everything I researched was true, the whole thing and even my wife noticed and I started telling people to back away.
I'm more annoyed about being tricked since it wasn't a fair game compared to if I lost the money at slots or black jack where there would have been a chance I could have won.

I wonder if there's a way I can spread awareness regarding this so others don't get tricked.

The shell game itself isn't a con - but the person doing the con makes it one. I've played the shell game legit with people all the time but yeah it's easily scammable.

so when watching i was like ummm this looks easy
: and i saw people winning
: and like like omg this is so easy
: sometimes people would get it wrong and id be like wait i know exactly where it is
: why did they pick the wrong one
: right
like he did it really bad
i was like this is a for sure thing
so someone lost
min bet 100
this guy lost a decent chunk
so he got one wrong
so now i know for sure its in the other one
i did the bet
and it wasn't
next thing you know another person got it right
i did this TWICE
and we were like 100% sure
i was like wtf
i thought he switched it while I was getting money out
so I went to the atm quick to win it back
i come back and they're gone
like it was never there
so i started researching
apparently its all a trick
even the people that were winning
the people that were winning are all in on it
they're all together
they win just to show you how easy it is
or lose on purpose
so you go wait I KNOW WHERE IT IS
and bam
and its illegal, they don't have a license
so they have lookouts when police are close
and disappear
so the last day
i found them again
it was a new person
BUT
the SAME effing PEOPLE WINNING WERE THERE
these 2 girls and this guy
these girls easily give him 1 grand like it was nothing and lose
and he goes to me YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS
TELL ME
i'm lik naaaah
so whatever i researched was effing true
these spanish guys thought about it
i pulled them to the side
and told them all about it
next thing yo know
a dude runs buy and barks
and boom the game host disappeared, someone else took the stool and threw it behind the bush
and everyone was gone, cops had arrived in their bikes
in like 5 secs
this was in a busy *** street
im like HOLY F
i was more hurt cos i had no chance
compared to playing poker or even slots
where i could have won
here
there was 0 chance
i was reading people stories
someone said if they get a good 20 mins they can make up to 2k
IN 20 MIN!!!
but still ugh lol
so annoyed
I feel better now I guess cos days are going by, I guess that's Vegas, the rest of it Vegas was awesome, saw a show were a guy read my mind...so yeah that was freaky

ANY game where people are assuring you that you can easily win hundreds or thousands of dollars with little risk...is a scam :p
IDC how good it looks, if the people running it are in business then they're making a profit. If they're making money, then you're not

I have no idea how people like that don't get caught though. Isn't there such a thing as plain clothes police over there? Here if there's a festival going or what have you, there'll nearly always be a few groups of them going around

Back
Top Bottom