Potentially the longest thread in history...

Honestly I feel like crying hear. I've just sat hear and asked Google all night a load of questions and I'm dammed if I can get Virtual Box to Install or run a Guest OS.

I'm trying to make a bootable image file to boot VB off the DVD and I'm still no further forward.

I've tried downloading various .ISO files. Disk image files. Creating, deleting ISO's downloading 32 and 64 Bit Os's and mounting and mounting and enabling PAE.

I been in my BIOS looking at VT-x and Hyperthreading. Been to about a dozen web sites looking for information and I'm just stumped on how to progress.

Am really getting sick hear.

Are you trying to run VirtualBox without an OS? ie boot into it like you would an operating system? Or am I misunderstanding this? :tongue:

If you want something free and relatively easy to use, ProxMox is a great (free and open source) hypervisor.

Are you trying to run VirtualBox without an OS? ie boot into it like you would an operating system? Or am I misunderstanding this? :tongue:

If you want something free and relatively easy to use, ProxMox is a great (free and open source) hypervisor.

My bad. Didn't word that as well as I could of.

I'm trying to make a bootable disk or an image file to boot in too using VB. I've tried several things such as creating .ISOs, Bootable DVDs, Loading image files that are of the VB format and then have done some research in too hyperthreading and Virtualization and doing some research in to PAE for the 32 Bit Images I downloaded.

I cant seem to get past on some instances a black screen, or actually get the file to mount. I have downloaded various image extension formats with no luck.

Just sold my GTX 1080. Hoping I can get a 1080 Ti release day / week. I have an extra video card I am using until then :tongue:

Hell, I am still sitting on a 750Ti and keep trying to justify a 1050Ti but see no real reason to do so. What I can find it's just not a worthwhile upgrade in any form.

Hell, I am still sitting on a 750Ti and keep trying to justify a 1050Ti but see no real reason to do so. What I can find it's just not a worthwhile upgrade in any form.

tuxzux.jpg

Had to :p

Storms rolled through today. The worst part was the straight-line winds that came along for the ride. Ran up on this on the way home; they were diverting traffic up the exit and back down the other side. The wind had snagged FedEx's second trailer and introduced it to the guardrail, completely separating it from the other trailer. FedEx was sitting perpendicular to the interstate until the wrecker pulled him straight.

Attachments

• IMG_20170301_165345[1].jpg
    IMG_20170301_165345[1].jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 4
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that reaction :grin: like seriously. It's "TH". "F" is a completely different mouth shape. What the THUCK are you doing

In my hometown (Banbury), this is a fundamental part of the accent and I hated it. Also no difference between "bought" and "brought".

Last edited:
Everybody hopping all over that 1080ti camp and I have the Titan XPs just sitting under my desk still.

The odd side benefit of a laptop is I don't even have to deal with the temptation when these new desktop cards come out.

My laptop was $$$$$$$ but I know full well if I had a desktop still i'd be paying for some Titan XPs or 1080Ti's and then again when the 1180 comes out. It saves me money in a weird kind of way :p

The odd side benefit of a laptop is I don't even have to deal with the temptation when these new desktop cards come out.

My laptop was $$$$$$$ but I know full well if I had a desktop still i'd be paying for some Titan XPs or 1080Ti's and then again when the 1180 comes out. It saves me money in a weird kind of way :p
So I was using a 1040 G3 from work to keep me off my PC at home and accidentally spilled DP on the keyboard. Now some of the keys are screwed up. I told myself this is why I don't buy laptops because I literally haven't done that in about a decade.

Back
Top Bottom