Potentially the longest thread in history...

Brand of printer an if it's a all in one (printer scanner copier ect) you might be out of luck any how. Just be a geek an get a network printer set up :D

what do you mean by network printer set up? mine is on a network. i have an epson cx6000 and i got it working on the live CD so it does print. im happy and it may not scan or anything i still have windows to switch to for a little to scan and put on photobucket. and after that i'll just steal it back on to my linux if i want to from photobucket.

Sorry I was refaring to a printer that is attached to the router or switch directly all you have to do is tell the computers to print there. I wasn't having a go I was typing in haste basicly all in one printers have limmited linux support for some reason I don't know if that's down to the OEM's making it hard or the driver writers have problems with the software for all in one printers in linux I just know i can't get my 2 year old lexmark all in one up an running.

Yea you can get a USB printserver (wired an wireless an both) to turn it into a true network printer, so if the computer that the printer is connected to is off the printer will still print a document it lets you have the printer someware in the house an you can just print an collect it when your ready.

How much could i sell this for?

AMD Opteron 1210
ABIT NF M2 nView
1GB Gskill DDR2 800 + 512MB DDR2 533
Hiper 480watt PSU
250GB WD SATA2 HDD
KDS 17inch LCD

Back
Top Bottom