Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I just do Facebook on my phone. Problem solved.

I could, but I prefer to just use my PC.

I gave myself unrestricted web access through Cisco Web Security so I may as well make use of it :p my coworkers don't really care anyway, it's just if someone else comes into the office.

You know what ****s me off more than anything else in IT support...

User rings up. Explains problem. So I say for example:

Me: "Okay, tap the icon in the bottom right hand corner, it should bring up a box"
User: "Okay i've done that and then i've gone into settings.."

NO. DID I TELL YOU TO GO INTO SETTINGS ? NO I ****ING DIDN'T. BE ****ING PATIENT AND DO ONLY WHAT I TELL YOU.

/rant

I could, but I prefer to just use my PC.

I gave myself unrestricted web access through Cisco Web Security so I may as well make use of it :p my coworkers don't really care anyway, it's just if someone else comes into the office.
Same here, but it's easier to turn my phone screen off rather than minimize or close out of a tab when the boss walks in. Facebook isn't that important to me anyways. I browse the boards on my PC though.

Same here, but it's easier to turn my phone screen off rather than minimize or close out of a tab when the boss walks in. Facebook isn't that important to me anyways. I browse the boards on my PC though.

Yah, I only visit FB once a day if that. Tend to have Reddit open quite a bit though.

You know what ****s me off more than anything else in IT support...

User rings up. Explains problem. So I say for example:

Me: "Okay, tap the icon in the bottom right hand corner, it should bring up a box"
User: "Okay i've done that and then i've gone into settings.."

NO. DID I TELL YOU TO GO INTO SETTINGS ? NO I ****ING DIDN'T. BE ****ING PATIENT AND DO ONLY WHAT I TELL YOU.

/rant

Sounds about right.

At least you didn't have to tell them whether to use left click or right click... I've had that several times. When I was in college and working at the support desk there (we assisted both students and staff at where I was positioned), we always had 1 staff member notorious for that... He also tried to type an email into Google (the search engine...not GMail). Everybody there had his number memorized, so when we saw it on the caller ID we all groaned and knew a 5 minute call was going to be 30+ minutes.

I've been Facebook clean for about two years now...
Now I can't see going back on it. It just doesn't look fun to me :tongue:

I just do Facebook on my phone. Problem solved.
Same here.

I've been Facebook clean for about two years now...
Now I can't see going back on it. It just doesn't look fun to me :tongue:

I really only use it as a chat application, really lol. Keeping in touch with friends that I don't send texts to much or anything. That and a nice way to share pics with my family.

I really only use it as a chat application, really lol. Keeping in touch with friends that I don't send texts to much or anything. That and a nice way to share pics with my family.

Eh yeah there's that.. but I rarely talked to people through anything other than text message. My friends all use Steam so we chat on there.

As for pictures... Yeah I have no pictures I can share. i really wish I could take pictures at work :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom