Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Complainers sit back and whine that they need and want this or that. Innovators go out and do it.

That's kind of an American generalisation. Complaining is a way of life here, but it's not seen as too bad a thing. Finding things to communally complain about is what holds British society together :D

And nothing gets done and people are still ****ed.
It's an American generalization for a reason really. The people here who sit back and ***** about everything but do nothing don't get anywhere in life. The people who just go do something about it wind up on top.

And nothing gets done and people are still ****ed.
It's an American generalization for a reason really. The people here who sit back and ***** about everything but do nothing don't get anywhere in life. The people who just go do something about it wind up on top.

We said we complain alot. We never said we don't do anything about it. The two go hand in hand.

So I sent in an email to both Galaxy and Asus. I'm hoping at least one of them replaces the heavy paper weights I got so I can go back to playing games. In the mean time, 98 box FTW.

Apparently the reality distortion field is in full effect, Apple claimed the iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone when I can name 3 Android devices off the top of my head that are thinner than it.

Apparently the reality distortion field is in full effect, Apple claimed the iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone when I can name 3 Android devices off the top of my head that are thinner than it.

Apparently you wern't paying attention, because they said it's the "thinnest and lightest phone we've ever made".

I'm assuming thats the only thing you could say against the phone because you've realised it's pretty awesome :grin:

edit:

Okay yami is contesting this too. I'll backtrack my comment while I research. I didn't see that quoted on a blog, though.

According to engadget they said "the thinnest iphone we've ever made" and also "the worlds thinnest smartphone". I don't know if it's true, i'll have to watch the video when apple upload it. If so, i'd love to know the facts behind that.

There is no mention of it being the worlds thinnest smartphone on Apple.com, at least.

Last edited:

Apparently you wern't paying attention, because they said it's the "thinnest and lightest phone we've ever made".

I'm assuming thats the only thing you could say against the phone because you've realised it's pretty awesome :grin:
http://live.theverge.com/apple-iphone-5-live-blog/
10:15:25 AM PDT
"The world's thinnest smartphone."

My opinion: Really nice phone, except the front still looks like a Fischer Price toy, and it adds very little that my current phone doesn't have, and nothing that the Note 2 doesn't.

Last edited:

I am going to say it's because a lot of phones are thinner for the most part, but then the camera is like 10mm thick.

I am going to say it's because a lot of phones are thinner for the most part, but then the camera is like 10mm thick.

For the most part this is true, but there are some amazingly thin smartphones that are by smaller companies that we've never heard of since they're only old in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom