Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Posted my GNex on Craigslist and will sell it as soon as it's returned from Samsung's repair facility.... ready to order my iPhone 5.
I think it's bout time I get back into the Apple ecosystem again :tongue:

Posted my GNex on Craigslist and will sell it as soon as it's returned from Samsung's repair facility.... ready to order my iPhone 5.

If I find out I can get a 4G LTE Sim only plan from one of the carriers ready for iPhone 5 launch, then I will definitely be choosing iPhone 5. If not, it'll be a more difficult decision.

How much? :p.

My mum just got back from gym with her friend. her friend works for BT Openreach. She said BT Openreach have moved our ADSL Exchange forward from December 2013 to December 2012 to launch BT Infinity, and that because of the new housing estate in countesthorpe (where I live), that they will be deploying it village wide.

MOTHER ****ING YEAH. FINALLY. INTERNETZ WITH SPEEDZ.

:Gasp::Gasp::Gasp::Gasp::MeGusta::MeGusta:

I should be getting me some up to 80Mbps. I may save up £900 for the optional 330Mbps FTTH upgrade pack.

Well I guess it sucks for you that I will initiate a campaign to unendingly bomb the roadside cabinets in your village.

My mum just got back from gym with her friend. her friend works for BT Openreach. She said BT Openreach have moved our ADSL Exchange forward from December 2013 to December 2012 to launch BT Infinity, and that because of the new housing estate in countesthorpe (where I live), that they will be deploying it village wide.

MOTHER ****ING YEAH. FINALLY. INTERNETZ WITH SPEEDZ.

:Gasp::Gasp::Gasp::Gasp::MeGusta::MeGusta:

I should be getting me some up to 80Mbps. I may save up £900 for the optional 330Mbps FTTH upgrade pack.
Eh, IIRC the highest speed of ADSL is 24.

Eh, IIRC the highest speed of ADSL is 24.

Not when they upgrade that ADSL Exchange with BT Infinity, which is what they are doing.

Infinity is a fancy marketing name for Fiber to the cabinet. As in, fiber from the exchange all the way to the street cabinets, which then use some fancy tech to convert light signals to electric signals, which they pump down the remaining 100 to 200 meters of copper cable to the house. That gets you 80Mbit.

That £900 upgrade is meant for business users, but is technically available to everyone. It replaces that last stretch of copper into your house with full on fiber. So its like fiber to fiber to fiber to fiber to fiber. Fiber everywhere. Light. Fiber. Speed. Soooo tastttttttttty.

Then you are getting fiber, not DSL.

I know.

"BT Openreach have moved our ADSL Exchange forward from December 2013 to December 2012 to launch BT Infinity"

Admittedly badly worded, especially as no one US side will know what BT Infinity is. What I meant is they are moving forward the date to upgrade our exchange to fiber.

If the rumors are true and the Nokia Lumia 920 is going to be the first UK LTE exclusive phone then it may just persuade me to pick one up over the iPhone 5, assuming the IP5 doesn't support UKs LTE anyway.

I would prefer the IP5 I think, but the Lumia 920 looks fantastic, Windows Phone 8 looks like it should be pretty solid, and the prospect of 10 to 20Mbps LTE is huge for me as someone stuck with a 2Mbps DSL connection.

The bezel on the Lumia looks huge to me, like they were trying to fit a Galaxy S3 sized screen into a Galaxy Note sized body.

It looks like At&t will b getting a Exynos powered Note 2 which will be my next phone if it is true.

Back
Top Bottom