Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I see.

Never had a problem with GPS lock. Takes about 0.5seconds to get a 30meter radius lock, another second to get an accurate lock.

I see.

Never had a problem with GPS lock. Takes about 0.5seconds to get a 30meter radius lock, another second to get an accurate lock.
If you have an iPhone then I guess you wouldn't know about custom ROMs huh :p
My particular phone has GPS locking problems with custom ROMs. With carrier ROM it was almost instant.

MK802 Android 4.0 mini-pc

mk802handsonpic2jt.jpg

All the way from China. Mine is a Rikomagic, but same product.

I wish one of my monitors or TV had HDMI. I had to use the family TV to hook up HDMI.

But all in all, its a standard ice cream sandwich. :p With a lot of the standard stuff loaded.

I just used my mouse. Not as nice as a touch screen, but it is usable. Can use onscreen keyboard, or add your own usb wireless keyboard.

Watched a few YT vids. It is nice, but as you can guess, the wireless makes it a bit slow.

You can add an external HDD, too. Just need the micro-usb to usb adapter, included. And slot for Micro-SD. So space should be no problem.

Quiet operation as there are no fans. Gets a little hot, but I don't think it would ever overheat.

One of those would be a nice substitute for a HTPC for someone who has a server to store all of their media.

I remember seeing a while back that some company was putting out a similar system based on the Samsung Exynos 4210 from the Galaxy S2 which would be excellent for HD video playback.

Have you tried any 1080p video on yours yet? It seems to have a Mali 400 gpu which is a promising sign although I'm not sure if the video playback hardware is the same as what Samsung uses or not.

I have discovered that my computer is nowhere near powerful enough to use the Source Filmmaker.

One of those would be a nice substitute for a HTPC for someone who has a server to store all of their media.

I remember seeing a while back that some company was putting out a similar system based on the Samsung Exynos 4210 from the Galaxy S2 which would be excellent for HD video playback.

Have you tried any 1080p video on yours yet? It seems to have a Mali 400 gpu which is a promising sign although I'm not sure if the video playback hardware is the same as what Samsung uses or not.

HTPC are kind of useless IMO if you have a smartphone, and even more so if you have a AppleTV and Mac. I just use my Apple TV to rent or watch any video I want. If I don't want to rent it, you can use Airplay in OS X Mountain Lion to stream anything from your mac to Apple TV. Before I had my mac I just used AirVideo App available on OSX,iOS,Windows to stream any video from my PC through my iPhone and then use AirPlay on my iPhone to send it to Apple TV. Works fantastic.

I am sure their is an equivalent of AirVideo on Android, heck AirVideo may even be on android i've not checked. Then connect your android smartphone to your TV wirelessly and stream the video on your phone to your TV, I dunno how you would do it on android but I bet you can.

Or if you have a really new high end TV you can undoubtedly do that without even a smartphone. Pretty sure the newest TV's can connect and see content on your PC anyway, though perhaps I am imagining things :p

Back
Top Bottom