Potentially the longest thread in history...

I agree. Like I said on Facebook I have 3 7200.11 drives in my server and they are all fine. No offense but with the way things fail on you seems like you may be doing something wrong. I don't know of anybody who has had so many things fail in a short period of time.

So because of a bad download I still have no internet. Feels bad man. Ill be offline for a while it seems. On that note the TF app still sucks. Peace and chicken grease.

Re: Today I have...

I think everyone has luck with one brand and not the other and it may be opposite for someone else... seems to be the case here.

Re: Today I have...

Most the things I had are nearly end of life. I do not mis-treat my equipment, nor am I an idiot. They just don't make **** worth it anymore. Are your 7200.11's bugged? Do they have ~30000 hours of up time on them? I have WD's that have nearly 60,000 or more hours on them, not a single issue, but this drive has half that, and has sat in a hot-swap back-plane most all its life, never being removed or subjected to shock. It has also always been actively cooled, with a thermal alarm of 40C in my personal rig.
I rarely have failures, unless the component is truly at EOL, or due to manufacturing defects, and it's the manufacturing defects that are ****ing me the ****ing hell off.

If I abused my equipment, why do I have hardware from 10 years ago that works perfectly fine, yet this newer crap keeps crapping out? The drive is with in a 5 year warranty. Did it EVER strike you as odd, why Seagate went from 5 year standard to 3 year standard the last few years, yet WD went from 3 to 5 standard recently? Seagate quality has gone to ****, and they had to reduce the standard warranty of newer drives due to it, and you can't deny that they once offered the best warranty periods, and now it has shrunk. FFS, I remember them having 6 and 10 year warranties, why would they decrease it, that was a selling point! They decreased the period because the quality has gone down.

I mean hell, did I abuse the Tracers in my rigs? **** no. The old set from 08 was a ****ed product, it was deemed by most everyone to be one of the worst products they released. A few months later they release a new version, that did NOT run NEARLY as hot as the old set. Is it my fault, that the glue holding the heat spreader on the tactile tracers is ****? I would ****ing LOVE to know how I caused the glue to just turn to crap. Sorry, but I have ALWAYS had bad experiences with the "superior" ******** that people say is amazing. Not my fault that an eVGA 6600GT failed from a damned blown cap, nor the motherboard that had a bad batch of caps installed. I also guess it's everyones fault that bought a particular ASUS motherboard 2 years ago for mounting it to their case, because ASUS had one the traces ran directly under a screw mount, and exposed.

Sorry, but 80% of the failures these days, seem to be bad quality control at the factory, not just users.

/rant

So because of a bad download I still have no internet. Feels bad man. Ill be offline for a while it seems. On that note the TF app still sucks. Peace and chicken grease.

My ISP **** blocked my connection a few months ago for "illegal activity." I downloaded a torrent of an indie bands new album. A torrent that was on their site. They put the torrent out to gain popularity. Hell, I liked the music and paypaled them $20 for the music! Armstrong was being the biggest douche in the world about it. I actually had to go into one of their offices and talk to someone about getting the internet back. I'm pretty sure in my state, what they did was illegal. What'd you dl?

my mom has a 2004 volvo s80 it is a nice car but the thing is it's harder to find parts for those around here... :-(

Those were nice cars :grin: As for parts, I never like to go back to the dealer to have things done, but they are a ***** to find. I have like 11,000 miles left on my warranty. Maybe I'll claim the tranny is acting uop so they'll give me a new one before it expires... Hmm... :suprised:

Back
Top Bottom