Potentially the longest thread in history...

Eh, using welfare money to buy luxury items is kind of asking for it IMO.

People need to get their priorities in order, having the latest toys is great but when you don't have the money to pay for it you need to prioritize. Good hardware from a year ago will run every single game out there provided you turn down a few settings and it can be had for next to nothing compared to the latest and greatest.
Well the problem isn't him buying the money with welfare, but rather needing it because he decided to spend all of his money on getting a couple of completely useless things. Then doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions, decides he NEEDS his luxury items, and wants other tax payers to pay for his mistakes. His 560ti was perfectly fine.

If I didn't sell my laptop I would still be playing every game perfectly fine with a 465.

I have a Galaxy 680 sitting in my cart right now.. I am nervous if I should get it or hold out still for the EVGA.. Hmm

Decided to hold of for a EVGA for now.

Oh but Puddle, he wont have the latest and greatest anymore :cry:
I know mocking is very prickish right now, but I see the whole situation as just very immature.

You are acting like you know the whole situation. You want the whole situation I will give you it. I have been job hunting for 5 damn months. I could have been claiming £52 a week all that time. If it were up to me I still would not be on it. My parents are going to take every penny I get of that £52, and rightly so, I have no other means to pay them for living at home and they can't afford not to. Yes, buying a GTX 680 was not the smartest move, and neither was buying an iPad (The same money used, I just sold my iPad). But on the other hand, I do not spend a penny elsewhere. I get all this new stuff because I spend so little on everything else. Technology is my favorite hobby, I love it - so yes, I will always want the latest and greatest, that is what I like to do and if people on here don't like me buying new stuff then whatever. When you are sat at home looking for jobs for 4 months with no real money, it's depressing as ****, as I said before some retail therapy on stuff I love goes a longway to making it a bit more endurable. I spend way less than you probably think. Nearly all the tech I buy is recycled money. My PS Vita, my Camcorder, Camera, iPad, 680 are all the same wad of cash pretty much. I sell something and buy something new - I love trying out new tech, but ultimately most of it is disappointing and thus I sell it again. If I could afford all that at once, that would be epic.

Hypothetically speaking if I never bought my GTX 680 and just sold my iPad for £400, that would be money for my parents for 8 weeks. So then I have no PC. So then I have nothing, i don't like consoles, I don't like TV, and I can't afford to go out often if at all. So what do you propose I do with my day ? there would not be a whole lot, as I have sold pretty much everything else that interests me like cameras, fishing equipment, ski's - you name I sold it to keep me going for the past 5 month of job seeking. You want me to have literally zero to do just to save my government £52 a week, which considering they help you get a job, will probably not be for more than 6 or so weeks. So I go through all that, to save them 300 odd quid during my entire 18 year existence, not to mention the next 60 years of my tax paying life. Well I am not going to do that, they can help me out for a while. When I get my job and am paying taxes they will earn it back in about 2 months.

I do not like going on benefits one bit. And I don't think it's good that anyone has to do it, but I don't expect people to sell everything they own that isn't a necessity before doing so. I am not here to argue with you, so don't see my post like that. I'm just trying to put it out from my perspective. I am not saying buying a 680 was the perfect thing to do, it wasn't, but I would like to atleast have something that I own and love while getting a job. I wouldn't expect anyone else in my position to do any less. People that claim thousands in benefits and buy a **** load of stuff with no attempt to get a job should be thrown in jail, but those at home looking for a job have every right to keep a laptop, tv and games console while they get themselves sorted.

I hope you consider what you are saying if you ever need money from someone or your government. You got a fairly valuable rig yourself. Just saying.

The reference EVGA 680 came in stock at 5pm pst on newegg and sold out at 5:03 :'(

Just purchased the EVGA SC+ w/ backplate!!! WHOOP from EVGA

Back
Top Bottom