Potentially the longest thread in history...

well from my experience american built cars have been more prone to problems.

The Chevy 350 has been one of the best engines I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The next up would be the I6 Renix in my Jeep. I really like Audio, Subaru, and VW but in my experience and talking with many euro car club attendees, on VW and AUDI when something goes wrong, the whole car shuts down, which can be both good and bad.

I know Toyotas last forever hence why there is still so many on the road and why they run good even after being rolled. A mid 90's tacoma sr5 was driving around my town for two years after being rolled down a hill probably 5 or 6 full rotations, They drove away but the roof was pretty smashed in. They cut it off and were good to go. No engine or mechanical repairs after the incident.

The Chevy 350 has been one of the best engines I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

The Ford 250 and the Toyota 20R would tie for first place with me, with the Ford 351 (I had a Windsor) coming in next.

The 250 was a great straight six that just would not stop running. Same for the 20R. The 351 was a powerhouse. Both the 250 and 351 were easy to work on as well.

I'm very happy with the Toyota 2UZ-FE V8 in my truck, I just wish the TRD supercharger for it wasn't so rare and expensive because I'd love to pick one up for it sometime in the future if I had the money to spare.

I'm also a big fan of the Honda F20C and hope to own a S2000 with one at some point in my life.

I'm very happy with my 1.4L Engine :D

I would say it's a powerhouse.. but if you put it in 5th gear before 50mph it decellerates even with your foot right down :p
And there is a set of lights in town on a steep hill, if I have 3 of my best friends in the car (albeit all big guys like me, 190lb minimum) with me, it won't move forwards and it burns my clutch if I even try, so i have to make them get out and wait the other side of the lights, lol!

hahahha what do you drive a reliant robin? :p

puddle, I hope to own an s2000 myself, but I don't really have 15k lying around for one :(

hahahha what do you drive a reliant robin? :p

puddle, I hope to own an s2000 myself, but I don't really have 15k lying around for one :(

Nah.. this but in black. Very normal car to have in the UK. We love our lil' hatchbacks :D

2003_polo_gt_2.jpg

I'm very happy with my 1.4L Engine :D

I would say it's a powerhouse.. but if you put it in 5th gear before 50mph it decellerates even with your foot right down :p
And there is a set of lights in town on a steep hill, if I have 3 of my best friends in the car (albeit all big guys like me, 190lb minimum) with me, it won't move forwards and it burns my clutch if I even try, so i have to make them get out and wait the other side of the lights, lol!

Wow, I can't imagine driving a vehicle like that. How long does 0-60mph take?

Back
Top Bottom