Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I have far too little Linux knowledge at the moment for my chosen career :p

You're completely right, however stability isn't the reason we're using SSDs :D

yah i'm still wating on that myself... for it to stabalize.... I would rather get a server grade SLC one though....

And people wonder why I still say SSD tech has a long ways to go before they can say it's the most stable storage medium. -.-
Considering the fact that it is a first gen, still runs, still hasen't degraded performance, and rarely acts up I'd say it is still a great drive. Just for the record, I have had more problems with mechanical OS drives in the past than I have with this single SSD I've had for years. Nobody is ever saying it is the most stable storage medium, but it is the fastest and its speed makes up for anything that might "go wrong".

Also, this little problem was probably my fault as I thought I shut my computer down instead of putting it to sleep and when it didn't boot just flipped the PSU switch. This caused it to corrupt making this my fault and not the SSD's fault (or rather mine and Windows).

I don't care if the mods report me. Like seriously, would they really waste the resources to throw me in jail for letting my good friends enjoy a movie with me, a movie that I BOUGHT, on a system that I OWN, that cost me a good $6000? If you're going to report me for that, find something better to do with your time.

Chill dude, pretty sure he was joking :p

Well, with less than a week till christmas I've decided I better start shopping. 15 people to buy for T_T this...is gonna hurt my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom