Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I don't own a car, so nyah to you all. They ARE incredibly expensive to buy and maintain, and all they're for is getting you from point A to B. I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend $40,000 dollars on...PLUS whatever that ends up costing in fuel/maintenance/registration/insurance every year. You could buy a friggin supercomputer and uber internets for easy half the price of what you've spent on your car even if it's a 15k cheapie.
It's a money drain, plain and simple. I take the train/bus to most places, usually costs me $2.30 or less. If I need to get somewhere where those services can't take me, or if it'd take too long, then I taxi it. Overall, you can be darn sure I'm saving a lotta money. Which = GTX480 SLI rig(s) to pwn you all with ;)
So we both end up getting where we want to go with no restrictions, might take me 10-15 mins longer but I can live with that. Difference is at the end of the journey I've still got a fat wallet and your broke arse is broke ;)

I don't own a car, so nyah to you all. They ARE incredibly expensive to buy and maintain, and all they're for is getting you from point A to B. I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend $40,000 dollars on...PLUS whatever that ends up costing in fuel/maintenance/registration/insurance every year. You could buy a friggin supercomputer and uber internets for easy half the price of what you've spent on your car even if it's a 15k cheapie.
It's a money drain, plain and simple. I take the train/bus to most places, usually costs me $2.30 or less. If I need to get somewhere where those services can't take me, or if it'd take too long, then I taxi it. Overall, you can be darn sure I'm saving a lotta money. Which = GTX480 SLI rig(s) to pwn you all with ;)
So we both end up getting where we want to go with no restrictions, might take me 10-15 mins longer but I can live with that. Difference is at the end of the journey I've still got a fat wallet and your broke arse is broke ;)

Yeah cars are for getting from a to b and I own one so I can actually do that. It's kind of hard to work or go to school without the ability to actually get there. Sure there is public transportation but taking it involves replacing a 20 minute commute in my comfortable climate controlled truck with a hour+ long commute on a bus full of people I'd rather not interact with surrounded by the faint smell of urine. Plus public transportation won't take you exactly where you want to go exactly when you want to leave for there. If you want to grab a pizza you have to find a bus route that goes there, wait for the bus to come to pick you up, potentially wait to transfer buses, and repeat the process to get back home. I I want a pizza I just drive strait there and strait back.

My truck is far from the most efficient vehicle for commuting but I still come out way ahead financially vs not having it since that would mean I wouldn't be able to get to work and would therefore be unemployed

Our Cavi cost 900 out there door, our truck cost 2100, and I was given the Mustang as a gift because I'm restoring it like I would an old computer case (of which I'm doing too). Cars to me is a hobby. Getting an engine going is like troubleshooting a bad overclock or dead part. Only difference being is most if not all people will not be jealous of my "awesome" computer at home but I can take my car places and still turn heads even though it looks like crap. Then when I'm done I can take my car to the strip and it can make some money for me...or I can simply race for pleasure and fun. I'm not a pro gamer or bencher so my computer doesn't make money for me. Only thing it has done is to give me knowledge over the years to be able to make money but sometimes games get real old (even the new ones). It never gets old to drive down the road and get compliments of my car. Cars to some is way more than simply getting from point A to point B. I get the same pleasure of taking my car apart and working on it like I do taking my computer apart and redoing cable management or overclocking.

I should also mention public transpo is not an option where I live or even 30 minutes closer to the city. Bus's are limited to down town areas.

I use the x64 build and it didn't have that crap LOL
If it doesn't come with the latest version of flash then you will still need to do it unless you do the update like him.

I haven't formatted any of my rigs is a very long time. I just find it too much of a pain in the arse to get all those drivers and programs back the way they were. I mean my main rig boots up pretty slow now but other than that works normal. I've changed so much hardware in this computer over the years too all with the same windows install. One of my goals this summer actually was to format my rig and start with a fresh install of windows to prepare to go back to college but with all the problems I have had hardware wise this summer my rig was out of commission for most of it.

My control panel s kind of a mess what with all the hardware switching. Over the summer my 8600gts got fried by my messed up psu so I switched to the onboard gfx which put an intel icon in the control panel then when I got the card I have now both other drivers stuck around. Does windows get rid of drivers it no longer needs or does it just leave them there but not use them?
I can't go more than a few months without a format, and even then it's usually every few weeks. The way I have my stuff setup is extremely easy to have my PC formatted and back to prime running shape in about 45 minutes.

Guess I'm lucky living in a city with great public transport, buses cover nearly all suburbs around the city, trains go right across state to other cities/towns, etc.
Our main freeway is always bumper to bumper from bout 6:30 to 8ish I think? Roughly anyway. Ends up taking 45 mins to get to work that way, takes me just 5 mins longer to use public transport and I get driven everywhere leaving me free to phase out or browse le internet on my laptop, watch a movie, do some work, whatever I feel like. I also get a good bit of exercise walking from the bus stop to work or back home. All that for literally a couple bucks. Win as far as I'm concerned.

Guess I'm lucky living in a city with great public transport, buses cover nearly all suburbs around the city, trains go right across state to other cities/towns, etc.
Our main freeway is always bumper to bumper from bout 6:30 to 8ish I think? Roughly anyway. Ends up taking 45 mins to get to work that way, takes me just 5 mins longer to use public transport and I get driven everywhere leaving me free to phase out or browse le internet on my laptop, watch a movie, do some work, whatever I feel like. I also get a good bit of exercise walking from the bus stop to work or back home. All that for literally a couple bucks. Win as far as I'm concerned.
I'd rather drive myself in my own heat or AC. I also find it fun to drive int he rain lol.

But just for you.

Back
Top Bottom