Potentially the longest thread in history...

me thinks we need more women in congress. this budget ordeal is nothing more than a ****ing contest. it feels like they are more focused on ''winning'' than actually doing good for our country.

I got Xonotic last night.

No one was playing online. All the servers were completely empty. Not one other person was on.

Anybody else want to play? :p

Oh this just gets better. I ran MSE Anti Virus, it cleaned up 6 threats, upon reboot i get 4 error messages saying missing files/runtime libraries. What the **** has it done.

It didn't fix DiRT3 Securom either.

MSE is ****. Use Sophos or ESET or Symantec.

MSE's never given me any problems, and from my friend's experience, it's better than ESET (it got rid of a whole bunch of viruses that ESET didn't detect). :/

And... are you telling him to use... Norton? I've used that before. It didn't detect **** and was generally just a drag on the system. Have they made drastic improvements in the last two or three years?

I haven't really had any experience with Sophos or ESET, though. I don't really count my experiences with ESET at school. :p

MSE's worked fine for me as well... Symantec AV we use at school... sucks. I refuse to install it most of the time on people's computers. Eset is usually pretty good though... lightweight as well.

Sophos gets stuff that ESET has left behind. SEP was good the last time I used it (it's norton without the bloat.... for enterprises) I never use consumer grade AV because it's bloated. I get enterprise versions that are low profile and are basically an icon on the system tray and a tiny menu/window. Now gaudy flashy interfaces to bog it down and no BS. Sophos is what I'm runnin and it's taking up only 65MB RAM and 86MB commit charge. I used to run Avast and it would shoot up to 250MB RAM and 450MB commit charge. kaspersky was the worst like 532MB RAM and 650MB Commit charge!!!! as a matter of fact that one was the most bloated I've ever used. and I tried everything to control and and nothing. and the ent. ver. didn't even work on server 2008 it kept having runtime errors!

All AV sucks and doesn't get everything. Be a pro and take the BS out yourself. No, I'm not trolling.
I usually do it manually, then let the AV remove stuff left behind from it.

Sophos gets stuff that ESET has left behind. SEP was good the last time I used it (it's norton without the bloat.... for enterprises) I never use consumer grade AV because it's bloated. I get enterprise versions that are low profile and are basically an icon on the system tray and a tiny menu/window. Now gaudy flashy interfaces to bog it down and no BS. Sophos is what I'm runnin and it's taking up only 65MB RAM and 86MB commit charge. I used to run Avast and it would shoot up to 250MB RAM and 450MB commit charge. kaspersky was the worst like 532MB RAM and 650MB Commit charge!!!! as a matter of fact that one was the most bloated I've ever used. and I tried everything to control and and nothing. and the ent. ver. didn't even work on server 2008 it kept having runtime errors!

SEP is awful... We were using v11 at the college I work at, like I said, and I hate it. Never catches anything, always flags things in its own quarantine (no duh they're viruses... they're in the quarantine for a reason...). Would always cause blue screens because of a driver file that always got corrupt that was a scanning engine of it... I was able to figure that one out at least; had to boot to safe mode and disable SEP so it would boot. Removed SEP from the computer, installed MSE :).

Back
Top Bottom