Potentially the longest thread in history...

**** **** **** **** piece of **** car.

-20C/-4F here and the cable for our ebrake froze. what a pain.
[/rant]

Edit: If you cannot fix it, get a bigger hammer. Took the wheel off the *****, banged the brake with a hammer and it now works.

Think that would work on a i7 for a better OC?

Thanks for the laugh, Hefe. I needed it.

The worst I've had with our vehicles this winter is the doors freezing shut several times.

I am not receiving anyone's BC2 friend requests...lame. Trots what's your BC2 game name? I'll add ya and we can pwn n00bs together

Here's a GREAT review on an HIS 5870 at Newegg. This is why we all blindly trust their reviews right?:

Pros: This card has made me never buy HIS AGAIN!

Cons: Where to start... First off my card doesnt perform as good as i hear 1920x1080 High not Very but just high with 2x AA gives me 20-35 fps avg.. 70s when looking at the beautiful standing still cloud though! I've tried online, somehow my connection has slowed down right after I installed this junk. Instead of my ping being 30-40 it raised to 150-200. My mbps has gone from 25mbps to about 14mbps. Changed to my 4870 i had to confirm this.. and what do you know! i have my connection back! I used the Overdrive Ati supplies with the CCC and my temps seem fine but im always getting diagonal lines and things that appear to be do to heat. I have 5 fans, 3 running at 2000rpm and another running at 5000rpm for when im gaming. And one in my PCI slot. Use to be constant 25-26C and now 35C+ idle no dust, no cable blocking air NADA!

HIS. Cooler. Faster. Quieter.
Yeah let me tell you..^

Other Thoughts: Intel Quad Core Q9550 OC at 3.1Ghz (needs Artic Silver)
BGF 650 Watt PSU 2 12V rails suppling 20amps each
Western Digital Viloceraptor
A-Data 4Gbs of DDR2 RAM 800Mhz
Defective 5870....HIS..
Also before had X1950 Pro but the fan failed. long time ago. Ive learned my lesson. GOODBYE HIS. dont even try send me the Im sorry for your inconvience and ofcourse warrenty runs out right when i have bigger problems with the card.

Same as BF2, Trotman_516. I'm not sure about Steam... I think I am Trotter on it.

LOL. LOVED the "review". The dude is a total tool. Even HIS refused to give it a response. Some people should never be allowed on the net...

Back
Top Bottom