Potentially the longest thread in history...

^its not that we are far behind. Japan is VASTLY populated, so there is a huge profit by running super high speed internet there, it has to do with the number of people in the area, and the size of the area. Canada and the states have problems with having quite slow internet in some places because there are large areas to cover and not a lot of people in some of those areas. The larger cities such as toront, vancouver, new york, new jersey etc have much higher speed internet because of the amount of people packed into a relitivly small area.

Absolutely right. I've covered this both in geography (in a case study of services in my town compared to a village 10 miles away) and IT.
Also the word is 'densely' populated ;)

Though Japan isn't actually all that amazing in internet speeds. Not compared to Sweden, anyway :p Better than the UK/US/Canada though, definitely. The real victor AFAIK is SKorea - some places have 1Gb (home) connections, I believe.

Not really - the US is vastly populated (300+ million) but it's not densely populated. Both are comparative (to other countries), of course.

The US is the 3rd most vastly (very great in number, quantity, amount, etc.: vast sums of money. ) populated with 380 million and the 168th most densely (having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact: a dense forest; dense population. ) populated country with 30 people per square km.

#1 is Macau with 20,824 per sqkm. holy crap.

Sweden is #180 with 22 people per sqkm.

Obvisouly when used in different contexts densly and vastly mean two entirly different things, but maybe you should reread how i used it.

i'll quote what i said
it has to do with the number of people in the area, and the size of the area.
and anyways, this is not an english literature or gramatical forum, i hate when people correct things that mean nothing.

Sorry, I can get rather carried away :p Planning on doing Linguistics or something at uni as a minor to Computing/CScience.

I didn't realise you could actually fit that many people in a square kilometre o_O

anyone got an extra ipod nano cable that they would be interested in give me lol, my stupid friend was messing around with mine the other day and now i cant find it.

The US is the 3rd most vastly (very great in number, quantity, amount, etc.: vast sums of money. ) populated with 380 million and the 168th most densely (having the component parts closely compacted together; crowded or compact: a dense forest; dense population. ) populated country with 30 people per square km.

Sweden is #180 with 22 people per sqkm.

where are you getting your info from?
List of countries and dependencies by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol, Australia is 233 out of 239 :p 2.88 peeps per sqkm ftw

Back
Top Bottom