Post Your Screenshots Part II (56k, you have been warned)

This.

the-elder-scolls-v-skyrim-gameplay-village-screenshot-xbox-360.jpg

04orjhvi_01.jpg

Vs this?

xrengine201201312112365.jpg

xrengine201201312018350.jpg

xrengine201201312034540.jpg

2011 360 game on 2005 hardware vs a game put out in 2007 made for hardware closely similar to that of the 360. By itself it looks superior, then add on the Complete mod with full on AA and AF and Stalker still looks beastly.

with the mods...

Killzone3-1.jpg

killzone_1.jpg

I really don't see Stalker looking more visually appealing than that, especially without the mods.

It still looks superior to console graphics even without the mods. I played the game several times with and without. The texture resolution alone makes it look a ton better.

Texture resolution is always going to be better on PC but I do agree that same games on console do look really good, far better than you would expect them too look. Most of them are PS3 games to be fair, like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3. Crysis 2 looks decent.

Graphics on Forza 4 and GT5 are really impressive, I think that is in part due to the fact that no one seems happy to do a large budget AAA racer for the PC on the scale of the Forza and Gran Turismo games. I dream of the day when a good PC dev announces a huge pc only, or atleast PC lead development, large scale racer. The kind with hundreds of cars, tracks, modifications etc.

I remember when the guy that makes Gran Turismo 5 commented that he would like to of put a free roam mode in a large environment in GT5, but couldn't because the PS3 doesn't have the power to render large detailed environments while using the same car models and lighting techniques as the rest of the game on normal race tracks. Like holy ****, that sounds awesome, do it on PC ! I'd do so much for a semi realistic racing game in a huge open environement, but no one has done it.

Fortunately, I quite enjoy GTA4s driving mechanics, so that has partly met my desire. But it's hardly realistic with nice car genuine car models and the like.

Yeah, I agree that while consoles are getting better the pc gives better textures, resolution and framerate...which are basically the things that I want :p

Anyway, to stay on topic here is some more Clear sky Complete.

Well the time of day and the weather conditions make for quite a few different looks, and is one of the things that I love about it.

Back
Top Bottom