Post Your Ride!!

Be cautious with the Ford Expeditions, especially if you plan on pulling loads around with it, the back end even with a really good hitch that is designed for 2.5 tons or better, will rip out, mostly due to them trying to save money/weight.

Thanks for the input PJ, much appreciated.

Well the Audi is most impressive of the three but as you said could be the most expensive. The Expedition is really nice, should be cheap to repair also the only consideration on that is the gas--what's gas prices like there?

Gas prices are pretty high, higher than the states. Diesel is cheaper here than gasoline. I read that the V8 Expedition gets like 14mpg in the city. That's no bueno because the traffic in this city is INSANE. But I really don't do that much driving, and it would be awesome to have a big SUV. Thing is it's pushing my purchasing budget to it's absolute limit.

Be cautious with the Ford Expeditions, especially if you plan on pulling loads around with it, the back end even with a really good hitch that is designed for 2.5 tons or better, will rip out, mostly due to them trying to save money/weight.

Thanks for the heads up.

My source, the local UHaul, UHaul refuses to lease anything to owners of Ford Expeditions due to the design, they have been sued numerous times due to the back end of expeditions being ripped off when trying to toe cars, or larger items around that they aren't really meant for.

It is more of a soccer moms van in all honesty, not meant to be much more than a family SUV.

Try going on the UHaul website and enter in the information, they will deny the rental.

There is a towing version of the Expedition, with a maximum towing capacity of like 8 tons or something. The hitch is integrated onto the chassis frame. MY source is my car :D we just towed a 25' brand new custom boat from Texas to MA. It's an Eddie Bauer edition 2009 Expedition with towing package etc. Uhaul did let us rent a trailer for it o_O

Okay so I looked around and from what I can find U-Haul will not rent trailers to be used behind Explorers, not Exeditions, due to lawsuits from accidents. From what I read this was mostly because of the tire issues that Ford had a few years ago. I'd still like to see evidence that someone pulled the rear end of a vehicle out due to some defect in the design. I couldn't find anything with google.

Interesting, cause a year or so ago, when I needed to tow a car, all we had available was an expedition, and they refused to let us rent a car hauler....

Oh well, anyways, back on topic -.-

Back
Top Bottom