Possibly RAM or MOBO problems

rwweeber

Beta member
So background information:

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3P
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance (4X4)

A couple weeks ago, I purchased an SSD and clean installed win 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and some commonly used applications on the SSD. I had several unsuccessful attempts at loading Win 7 on the SSD so I did a work around where I clean installed win 7 on a Hitachi750G HD, then used software from Intel's website to transfer data from a HD to the new SSD. That worked, but when I first booted from the SSD, I got to the BIOS screen where it locked up and would not proceed to load the OS.

The first thing I tried was remove all sticks of RAM but 1, which worked. The BIOS screen passed, I got to the windows home screen, started getting all the service packs etc. . . Life is good. So at that point I assumed that there was a faulty RAM stick and went to Best Buy and bought 2X4 Corsair Vengeance RAM modules, so now technically I have 16 gigs of RAM.

So the weird thing is, I snapped in all 4 RAM sticks and this time they all worked, But only for one session. I took out the probably fault RAM stick, and have been running on 3X4 for about two weeks. Yesterday I was playing my favorite game no problems, today I boot up my computer to find out I'm getting stuck at the BIOS screen again.

I've tried removing all but 1 stick of RAM with each different stick of RAM and same results. Do you think it's my MOBO? I've had it for almost 2 years. I just bought this new RAM and I find it hard to believe its bad after almost 2 weeks. There are a hundred questions as to what it might be in my mind, just looking for some different suggestions/advice, Thanks.

Well I had this same problem with a Corsair SSD drive with a problem with the firmware. Nowhere did anyone say there was bad firmware and i look for months. Once i flashed the firmware it has been fine for two years. And I think Gigabyte is a super nice Motherboard .But we all have our opinions for various reasons. So everything was fine till you got the SSD I would look there...

Back
Top Bottom