Port Forwarding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forward a port so other can contact your computer for the first time. In case of bittorrent you forward so others can connect to you, for example a seeder has a slot available and send a request so he can start seeding for you, if you don't forward the port the router will block the request, the same thing when you are seeding.
When you are surfing you are the one who is contacting the server for the first time so the router won't block the web server response.

You forward a port so other can contact your computer for the first time. In case of bittorrent you forward so others can connect to you, for example a seeder has a slot available and send a request so he can start seeding for you, if you don't forward the port the router will block the request, the same thing when you are seeding.
When you are surfing you are the one who is contacting the server for the first time so the router won't block the web server response.

exactly

FAIL, it depends on how you define a server and I will tell you that it will be very hard to define without saying as such of what a port forward does.

Trust me, I'm right. I'm very right. TECHNICALITY!

FAIL, it depends on how you define a server and I will tell you that it will be very hard to define without saying as such of what a port forward does.

Trust me, I'm right. I'm very right. TECHNICALITY!

grow up. technicality every computer is a server. in reality, most are not. I'm living in reality. where are you living?

it really wasn't this serious. you are technicality right in your second statement but horribly wrong in your first.

Because to run a server (only purpose to forward a port)

How about you grow up, and stop correcting me too. If you think you're so smart show me your genius papers.

A server is only something that opens a port on the computer routable protocol stack. A computer does not know what does what, it just does what it is told. For all technical purposes, something that desires a port IS a server. So if this is so inside of a computer, how is it not so when you are speaking of the topic.

That may be a little hard to understand, but, don't dare call me immature. People have different definitions of immature, personally I don't think I'm immature, I just think I'm right.

Oh and, YHBTYHLHAND. You Have Been Trolled, You Have Lost, Have A Nice Day.

And you have been trolled. Right?

Listen here schoolyard sissy. Fight like a man, you don't say "oh you're a little kid I see". Fight with some dignity.

Wow, I can't believe that I'm closing a thread in the Networking section due to something other than spam. This section hasn't seen this kind of behavior in a LONG time... Thanks for keeping our integrity level up in here folks! If you wish to discuss it further combined with name calling and childlike behavior, then perhaps this isn't the place for you, or maybe you should try a PM war or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom