Port Forwarding Help

Jayteescout

In Runtime
I want to run a Minecraft server on my home computer. I have successfully created a static ip, but I'm stumped on the step which is to access my router via inputting the internal ip into the URL of my browser. I enter my ip (10.0.1.1) and I get this: http://puu.sh/35EBb.png.

Any ideas? My router is the arris tm602g/115, thank you!

Set a static local IP on your computer
Forward the Minecraft Server port on your router to the local static IP for your computer you set
Go to IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup and get your public IP address.

Open Minecraft on another computer (or have somebody else do it) and have them enter in your public IP / port you specified on the MC server.

You won't be able to just browse to your public IP via FF because that's trying to access the server over port 80, and there's nothing running on port 80.

Set a static local IP on your computer
I used portforwards statc ip application, will this setthe local ip too?
Forward the Minecraft Server port on your router to the local static IP for your computer you set
I'm not sure how to do this, I go to portforward.com's index and it doesn't have my model :/
You won't be able to just browse to your public IP via FF because that's trying to access the server over port 80, and there's nothing running on port 80.
What is FF?

Thanks for being patient with me :D

I used portforwards statc ip application, will this setthe local ip too?
I'm assuming so. Never used it. Go to your network adapters properties and select IPv4 settings and see if its set to static.

I'm not sure how to do this, I go to portforward.com's index and it doesn't have my model :/
What is FF?

Thanks for being patient with me :D

Type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser and login. Find the port forward section. Then you shoul be able to type in your static IP and the port you set on the MC server.

FF = FireFox.

I'm assuming so. Never used it. Go to your network adapters properties and select IPv4 settings and see if its set to static.

Type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser and login. Find the port forward section. Then you shoul be able to type in your static IP and the port you set on the MC server.

FF = FireFox.
Where are these network adapters? I went to device manager and there was no ipv4, just these: http://puu.sh/36jbQ.png

And when I type the ip (192.168.1.1), it just times out :/

type "ipconfig" into command prompt and you'll see one that says something like "Default Gateway". That's your routers IP address. Usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Back
Top Bottom