Please Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused_again

Solid State Member
ok please don't laugh, reloading my machine last night, by default it went on D: drive and i clicked on Format, there goes 8 years of my life photos and docs, i found some recovery data software,

but my question is, is there any real free ware out there, i don't have that kind of money right now to pay $70,

Thank you in advance

yep, that's what it's for ;) wouldn't be much use if it didn't let you save lol

although, if I understand you correctly and you've installed windows on the drive, you might be out of luck in terms of getting it all back

Thanks mate you a life saver, loosing photos, since my daughter was 5 would kill me...

will let you know how it goes

no my OS is on my C drive, all my data/backups are on my D and thats the one i formatted, i have tried recovery software and it picks up everything i can see the pictures i just can't save them.

On that note, it's always a good idea to have a backup drive. Considering you can get a 1TB drive for less than $100, there's really no reason not to get one :) a little late now, but at least you'll be prepared if this happens again lol

On that note, it's always a good idea to have a backup drive. Considering you can get a 1TB drive for less than $100, there's really no reason not to get one :) a little late now, but at least you'll be prepared if this happens again lol

very very true gonna do that ASAP, Once i have recovered this data, so the link above should work then?

Yep, if that's the case you should have no problems

btw, remember to use the 'edit' button if you need to add something to your last post instead of creating another post :thumbsup:

Hate to be the bringer of bad news but isn't it so that if you "format" it truly deletes stuff instead of a simple delete where the computer simply registers the deleted file as deleted and that it's only truly deleted when it's overwritten?

Edit: nvm, missed the post that you could see all deleted files only couldn't save...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom