Please HJT as I can no longer user my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your log indicates that you are using a 64-bit system. WOW64 is the x86 emulator that allows 32-bit Windows-based applications to run on 64-bit Windows but x86 applications are re-directed to the x86 \syswow64 when seeking the x64 \system32. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to Making the Move to x64: File System Redirection. Be aware that many of the tools we use for malware removal are designed for 32-bit systems and do not work or can give misleading results on 64-bit machines. For instance, running HijackThis on a 64-bit machine may show log entries which indicate indicate (file missing) when that is NOT the case. Anti-malware scanners have problems enumerating the drivers and services on 64-bit machines so they do not always work properly. Since this is the case, any assistance we can offer is limited.

I fully understand that. But what i dont get is how can it show (file missing) for 1 system running 64 Bit but not another system running 64 Bit? I mean i would think that the software would be a little more consistent even though the move to 64 Bit isnt fully supported. Some of the entries that are shown by this member are not showing missing on my system. That shows a highly inconsistent result with the program.

My system is a retail install. Is that what your trying to get at? Cause i dont have an OEM install?

I dont see anything on either the MBAM or HJT log that needs to be removed. Sorry for taking the thread a bit off topic.

The proxy is set to be your localhost (127.0.0.1), did you set this yourself?

Can you go to:
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

You may see a host file, can you open it in Notepad, copy it's contents and paste it back here.

That means that there is an entry in your host files like Jo said.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:6092

It is trying to use a Proxy. That is what is causing your issues.

No I did not set the local host.

Here is the host file

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom