Playing a 4:3 game in a Widescreen LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm using the latest version of Forceware from nVidia 7600 gs graphics card. I downgraded to Windows XP Pro from Windows Vista Ultimate. In windows vista, I was able to play Warcraft 3 (a 4:3 game) in a 4:3 aspect resolution. After I downgraded, I'm unable to play Warcraft 3 in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Any ideas on how to do this?

I posted this in the Blizzard forums and found no luck. I was wondering if you guys knew some tweaks or aspect ratio techniques. I'm pretty sure there are lots of 4:3 games out there that don't support widescreen. How might one play one without getting the distorted picture?

I just play them stretched, in xp ive never had mine stay in 4:3, so probably a vista feature.

for warcraft 3 to run in a widescreen monitor, open up regedit from run, under software, go to blizzard entertainment then click on warraft 3, then open up the video subfolder, then change "resheight" and "reswidth" to whatever res u play on (make sure u enter a decimal not an alplahnumeric number). That worked for me and i am running it on 1440*900 without ANY distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom