playing 360 on monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the female-female (not male-female) adapter was the thing I had to buy separately (for $2, the cable was great, but didn't come with the adapter, so I found one for another $3 or so online). Worked great with my CRT monitor but then I got an LCD so I didn't have to use it anymore. It gives better quality than the component cables when used with a compatible TV (at least in my experiences) and the optical audio is a big plus.

Pretty sure the official "real" Microsoft cable comes with a female-female adapter so you can use it out of the box with a CRT or LCD. Either way, buying them both separate saved me $30 so I'm happy. I might have a tiny minuscule bit more static or blur on my screen, but I also saved enough money to buy more games with, which look much better even on my $2 cable than they did on my Microsoft composite cords and my cheap TV.

IMO component looks better as the colours are miles better. Where using a VGA cable is HD, its not ACTUAL HD. It is sharper but i think having nicer colour levels is better than getting a slightly sharper image. Still, $5 is cheap to get up and running on a monitor lol

I'm not sure about you, but the colors from my VGA cord (on our HDTV, 720p 52" Samsung Plasma) look just as good as on my friend's Component cable. Both are HD. Being HD just means it has to have a 720 or greater height (1024x768 is HD, that's the resolution that the TV runs at on VGA). It's the same as using the component cables in 720p mode. The TV probably enhances the colors on VGA, but it looks excellent either way nonetheless. On my monitor, I use 1280x1024 or the next higher one (1380x somethin or other, a widescreen resolution, I don't remember the exact dimensions). It looks sharp and the colors are good (though my monitor has a lot of color modes for gaming, movie, text, etc).

I guess it depends on the TV/monitor. On my old CRT, the colors were pretty bland, the saturation was pretty low and everything looked dull. Using a nice TV (especially plasma) you'll get awesome bright colors (I've gotten them with both VGA and component cords though). I'd like to try HDMI but my 360 doesn't support it :( (our TV has it and my monitor supports HDCP DVI and I have a converter cable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom