play without the CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey I play a lot of games and hate having to keep changing and swapping between CDÂ’s. I was wondering is there any way I can play the game without the CD so I can put it away for when I reformat?
I do own all the games and there all real.

Thanks

You can play games without CD's with what's called a "NO CD PATCH". Some people consider them illegal where others don't. If you truly own the game and not just using a friends copy then it is completely legal, otherwise, well...you get the picture. Just go to google and search for "the game I want the patch" no cd patch. I do warn you though, some no cd patch's can corrupt saved game data! Hope that helps-
::-Chase-::

This is another place that may help you, as long as you are doing it legally(That you do actually own the game) otherwise it is illegal.

Linky

Drworm2005.

Another option is to create and image w/ Alcohol and then mount it. You can create an insane amount of virtual drives so if you have like 3 or 4 games installed you could create images for each game and a virtual drive for each then just keep them mounted. No-CD patches are def easier though. Megagames is another good gaming site w/ patches.

Heyyo,

Bleh! alcohol... I used it for a while, but the register crap is ghey. get "Daemon Tools" it's free, it can even do some special emulation for certain copy protection types. megagames, I used to use them, but they don't update that fast for game fixes. I do like their news columbs, just don't bother to read the user comments, lots of n00bish posts like "omgz! 1st post!" ..... you get the idea. :p

I find www.gameburnworld.com updates the fastest. I've always seen them come out with game fixes at least 1-3 days before gamecopyworld. ;)

I agree with others that it can be legal. No cd patches are especially handy with laptops as the cd rom drive saps quite a bit of battery life, and with a laptop? you need that damn battery life. :)

Well creating images ain't the best, if you do you can slim down a lot of the files and just keep the important files for the copyright protection. This is what's known as "mini-images." They're usually 20MB's big at the most.

hey, If you use a no-cd crack but keep a backup of the original .exe file can you still use updates to the games? Like if i get an updated patch for lets say call of duty, can i still install it if i have the no-cd patch installed or do i need to have a backup or the originall .exe? Also, does the no-cd .exe file overwrite any update patch that you might have installed already? Sorry if i just brough alive a semi old thread but i figured its better to just do this than start a new one. Thanks

Heyyo,

YES! good point! keep a backup of the original exe!

I usually rename it to .exe.bak myself, mainly for xfire cause it searches for the .exe files. I like to creat a backup folder where the game's installed n' throw the .exe.bak in there.

eg: gta-sa.exe I'd rename to gta-sa.exe.bak (althought it looks like R* won't be patching the game which it needs...)

So there ya go, do that n' you should be fine. ;)

Daemon Tools, free, easy to use, and really in my experiance the best out there, sure its not "legal" and it infringes on "copyright laws" and using it is "immoral", still a great program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom