Planatary Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relativism at its finest, eh?

Actually, something either is or is not
or could be depending on how you define the category/label in question.
Definitions are not always agreed upon by everybody, and often leads to ambiguousity.

Sometimes, definitions can be so vague that they don't really have much meaning.

I was taught the Pluto is a planet. Now they say it isn't. Actually, it does not matter. I don't plan on visiting it, so I don't care if I get a planetary discount or not. The outer planets are rather unknown, so we may have a few more surprises before it is all said and done.

Trotter, we have some kind of connection I swear. Tell me what I am thinking now please my e-soulmate <3

Btw, Pluto Planet Powah baby!

The way i see it, we really have no right in naming stuff thats out
there in the middle of space. For all we know, there can be life forms
on every single planet in our solar system, we just dont know about them.

And if so, chances are they can be as developed as we are, or even more developed and therefore having a name
already for their own planet.

The way i see it, we really have no right in naming stuff thats out
names are just labels used to identify things.
If we decided not to name anything, that would just make it a whole lot harder to communicate information about those things.

there in the middle of space. For all we know, there can be life forms
on every single planet in our solar system, we just dont know about them.

And if so, chances are they can be as developed as we are, or even more developed and therefore having a name
already for their own planet.
If we find a sufficiently advanced race on another planet, somehow, I don't think they'd mind if we used a name to identify their planet.
They'd just tell us something like: "oh, interesting name. this is the one we use: ......"
or maybe, they'll like the name we use better, and adopt it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom