Placed My Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lapping guide akubane found was terrible.... you are supposed to move the sandpaper NOT the cooler itself (why would you? it doesn't make sense to make your hands bleed)

Eh? No, you tape the sand paper down and move the heatsink/cpu across it.

Eh? No, you tape the sand paper down and move the heatsink/cpu across it.

1. There is a reason sanding blocks were made. If you want to use the taping down sandpaper method then get a sanding belt.
2. It is more efficient (saves your fingers too) if you use the lighter material because you can better control the amount of sanding that needs to be done.
3. The other method is retarded (works okay on a processor, but for a cooler please.....)

Well a piece of glass and duct tape was much easier to deal with than trying to secure my heatsink and cpu so that i could run a belt sander across them. Read up on the lapping guildes. I have yet to see anyone successfully actually lap a hsf/cpu by moving the paper rather than the item.

Anyway, on to ste. The motherboard took a dump saturday, cant overclock when you cant turn the thing on :( RMA in process. Actually less of an RMA and more of just upgrading to the 780i. I bought a cheap 650i abit board to tide me over until i get the 780. So its going to be a few weeks before i get to really test the limits of the GTS setup.

1. There is a reason sanding blocks were made. If you want to use the taping down sandpaper method then get a sanding belt.
2. It is more efficient (saves your fingers too) if you use the lighter material because you can better control the amount of sanding that needs to be done.
3. The other method is retarded (works okay on a processor, but for a cooler please.....)

In the end there are many ways you can actually lap the processor and heatsink.

We are just informing people of the most common ways... The most often utilized methods...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom