ping and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
rookie1010 said:
Hi
What is a good ping for gaming
What determines your ping? and how can i reduce my ping duration time?
well a good ping is 75 or lower each 100 lots of ping equals a sec roughly so use that as a judgement to a good ping

rookie1010 said:
Hi
What is a good ping for gaming
What determines your ping? and how can i reduce my ping duration time?

The lower the ping, the better.

If you have less than 200 ping, you will be running smooth, but anything higher, and you will be experiencing "56k lag" which definetely isnt fun.

(and i havent been with broadband for very long, so i know, hehe)

As for me, here are the average pings i get on these games:
CS - 90-150
BF 1942 - 90-130
BF Vietnam - 140-160

So just remember, anything less than 200 and your doing OK!!

(do you have broadband? if so, you really don't have to worry, but if you have dialup, gaming isnt very nice to it, hehe) :)

i got ADSL, but i am concerned about the contention ratio thingie. i am at 1:50. i do not know how is that gonna affect it.

previously i was sharing that 1:50 connection with two others, i dont know what that would do to the connection. and my opponent gamers would complain about my connection

Does that mean that if u get a server that is closer to your country, the lower the ping?

lets say u are in singapore, and u connect to an asia server, wud the ping b lower?

Yes. It takes less time to send a signal from Singapore to Asia than it does to send a signal to say New York. I live in California and all of the West Coast servers have the lowest pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom