Pidgin broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

sje46

Solid State Member
The sequel to my old thread "AIM broke"
My family got a new computer, windows vista, for christmas, and I downloaded pidgin, and it worked just fine, but now it doesn't. When I open it, the alert box says
MICROSOFT WINDOWS
My buddy list does load a little though.
I restarted the computer, didn't work, and uninstalled and reinstalled pidgin. Nope. Can you guys help? It's a brand new computer; it shoulodn't start messin' up now.

Thanks.

Try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller. then reinstall it.

pidgin is fully compatable with vista so reinstall is the solution... it happens in vista sometimes but if it always happen try fresh install

I installed it three times now, once with revo. Maybe I didn't do the revo thing right. I really don't see why all of the sudden, after two days, it started to mess up.

Did you try Trillian? Have you tried any other IM? There is no reason that it shouldnt work. I got it working in Windows 7 right now. It works on my Vista with SP2 Beta. It should work for you just fine.

Yeah . .. I just installed Trillian. I'm not sure I like it; Pidgin just seems so simple and better looking. I guess I'll just uninstall Pidgin. Thanks for your help.

From my experiences, Pidgin became very unstable as new versions kept getting released.
Try reverting back to older versions to see if this fixes some issues, for me 2.3.1 has always worked the best.

Yeah. Pidgin crashes my DSL modem, I don't know why, but it does.

I got version 2.5.3 working on Win7 right now. No issues. 0.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom