Phone refuses to see my WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
I'm currently at my grandparents' house for the Christmas period. When I got here (four days ago), my phone could connect to the WiFi fine. Some time during the next day, it stopped being able to see it, however my laptop has been able to connect fine the entire time.

I've tried a huge variety of settings - removing security (leaving the WAP as Open), having it on G, N and G/N, 20MHz, 20/40MHz and so on. And still my phone refuses to see it.

On the phone side, I've flashed my phone's firmware twice since (it had stopped seeing the WAP before I flashed), from 2.3.5 to 4.0.1 and back again, and have factory reset it each time as well.

My grandparents' house is in the middle of nowhere so there's no other WAPs I can test to see if the phone can see them, so I'll be heading into town tomorrow to test that.

All other connectivity works fine (though the 2G/3G signal varies between excellent and nonexistent by the minute, which follows what other gets here).

Oh, and yes, I've tried turning it off and on again :p

Not testable unfortunately, I have the only one around (neither grandparent owns a mobile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom