performance/$$$$$$$ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceman2105

Baseband Member
ok, i had a crappy vid card in my gaming comp i was building. i bought a Geforce FX 5500 thinking it was just what was needed. well, i feel like it is too weak. it is holding my athlon 64 back!!! can someone give me a quick list of some of the best bang for the buck vid cards. staying around 200 dollars. also, some tips would be good too. i was thinkin about a FX5900 XT but i read a post saying XT was worse the FX5900....is this true?

yes, but i have had Nvidia, and i kinda wanted to go with Nvidia. i have looked at those charts and rethought about it however. the 9800 pro seems to do very well on most benchmarks. beats out the FX 5900, and for being about the same price range...thats good. would u guys suggest i go ATi instead? i have an MSI motherboard and an Athlon 64 procssor with 512 RAM. thanx

nVidia uses XT similar to how ATI uses SE, but they don't strip the cards that much as much as ATI does it.

ok, well that said. will the ATi perform a lot better. and, is it reliable? im worried to switch companies. have u had any problems with them? i have read other posts and people seem to love the 9800 pro. lol i am thinking it is the card i wanna buy. i will prolly get the saphire version

ok, i have actually decided that the 9800 pro is the card for me. yet, what company should i Buy from? MSI, power-color, saphire, connect3d, celestica. i was leaning toward the saphire or MSI. the MSI has a lil less clock and mem frequencies though....is that bad or what, and which would be better to O'C with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom