PDF question

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have some PDF's that are actually documents that were scanned and the result is a PDF. It is not editable in Acrobat because it is simply an image and not text in any way. Anybody got a suggestion on how to edit these things? I have a full version of Acrobat Pro and I have tried several PDF converters to no avail. If I convert it to a word document it is still a picture and again, not editable. Well, I could edit it in paint or something, but that's painfully cumbersome. I also tried using the OCR tool in Acrobat but even that did not work.

If they are images the only way to edit them would be with Paint, GIMP or Photoshop.

If they are images the only way to edit them would be with Paint, GIMP or Photoshop.

I was afraid of that. I have about 60 pages of them. All that needs done is some text changed to reflect current data. *&$#%*#)#&$!!

If they were real PDF files there would be no issue. But since they are images within the PDF files it will be tough.

Could always retype them...

If they were real PDF files there would be no issue. But since they are images within the PDF files it will be tough.

Could always retype them...

Yeah I could. But they are in a specific format that has to remain. I don't know what was used to create the design and format. **** scanners...

IF you have Adobe Pro, go into advanced editing and you can edit fields. You may have to fiddle with the font to match the documents font.

Here's a zip file with one page of the pdf in it. Couldn't upload the actual pdf because of size.

OCR might work if you cleaned up the fonts. But that would probably take longer then starting from scratch.

Been using paint shop pro for a couple days now. Lame, yes. But it's better than what she was doing which was cutting tiny strips of paper with the new data and gluing them over the existing data, then making a photocopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom