PC locks up upon startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Recently i received a random BSOD, and when i tried to reset my PC it wouldn't move past the initial startup screen that displays memory test and IDE/SATA drive detection. I am somewhat at a lose as to what to do becasue i can't even boot from my Win 7 installation DVD to reformat and take the easy way out of this mess. any advise as to how to solve this fiasco would be greatly appreciated.

I was caught off guard and it auto restarted, if i manage to get into windows somehow ill check the error reports and post back if not i might have to wait till another bsod ><

You probably can't boot to the CD because the boot priority is hard drive then CD/DVD.

As for the blue screen as slay suggested just uncheck that box that says 'restart' in the startup / recovery tab.

Have you tried safemode?

Well, i used this situation to completely take apart my PC to clean everything and re-wire the whole thing. I decided to put it back together with only 2 of my 4 gigs of ram. and surprise it works like a charm, I one by one tried adding the other sticks of ram and it works with one but not the other, I tested the good one in both open slots just to see if it wasn't a dead ram slot and it worked in both. So i guess it was just a dead stick of RAM causing my BSOD. yay for me figuring it out on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom