pc fault finding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,

ive got an interview tomorrow and im asking if any of you can give me some answers to any fault finding problems that you have had or you know, just put any fault finding question down wether its a really easy one or really hard one

also if this is a good topic starter i think this should be a sticky so that anyone can look up and see/add to this thread

Fault finding...? Care to explain exactly what it is you are asking, as I have not a clue.

Oh, what questions to ask if the owner is having a specific problem? Diagnostic questions, asking about symptoms?

What job are you interviewing for? Maybe that will help us narrow down the questions.

Some off the top of my head (not all fault questions, just general IT support):
If toner is coming off of the pages after print jobs, what likely is the cause?

If a computer won't boot, what should be the first thing you check?

How would you go about setting up an encrypted wireless network?

What is the easiest way to install windows Vista on 100 computers with the exact same install specifications?

What is the maximum length for an IEEE printer cable (can't remember the numbers 1394?) before the signal will degrade?

i went for the interview and they didnt ask me any technical questions atall

Some time these people are more interested in your personality as appose to your knowledge. I know of 2 mobile local computer companies that do this. Reason being is that they are more interested in hiring some one that will be friendly to the customers as appose to some one that wishes to be locked up in a helpdesk room and left alone.

Some off the top of my head (not all fault questions, just general IT support):
If toner is coming off of the pages after print jobs, what likely is the cause?
Leaky tonar cartridge.

If a computer won't boot, what should be the first thing you check?
Make sure the power is plugged in and it's turned on.

How would you go about setting up an encrypted wireless network?
WEP Key

What is the easiest way to install windows Vista on 100 computers with the exact same install specifications?
Via a drive image

What is the maximum length for an IEEE printer cable (can't remember the numbers 1394?) before the signal will degrade?
That is IEEE 1284, and do people still using Parralle Port Printers these days?
20 meters. Possibly a little longer. However now days people are are in this situation are using network printing instead.

HAHA, love it! Everything is right - sorry was bored and just thinking of random questions. I would argue that first answer is the transfer corona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back