Pay as you go "broadband"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norbert

Beta member
I bought a few days ago a 3G pay as you go internet system for my laptop with the USB drive and £15 credit. The connection is not brilliant (4 out of 10) but it works for about 10 minutes and then the connection dies. When I re-connect the device I got connection for another 10 minutes and so on. I also connected the cable provided (which is only a female and male USB)which helps a little bit but still got the same problem. I noticed in the USB stick that there is an aereal connection in the side and I wonder if it may help to get a cable there in order to improve connectivity.
Any ideas?

I have friends with Tmobile an The 3 mobile dongles and it they suffer from the connection drops, so far i have discovered that the antenna in it is prity much crap but the dongle it's self has a activity timer built into it if it's not used for so many min it will disconect from the network, unless your travling there is no reason for you to have one any way as the pay as you go dongles an the contracts are very tight when it comes to data rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom