Overclocking E6300 - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
after googling your board a bit it looks like it's seriously hard to get the thing to cooperate :( supposedly the 965P revision of the board has no problem overclocking... but the onboard video hinders the overclockability of the G revision? I dunno... is your BIOS up to date?

Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3 help? [Now replaced with a GA-965P-DS3] - Topic Powered by eve community
The only way I've found to OC these boards is by "tricking" the BIOS into OC'ing by setting the FSB rate, hitting F10 and the second you press "enter" you have to hit the PSU turn off switch to kill the power. Upon restarting BAM, you're now OC'ing.

The catch is that you have to completely shut down the system if you want to restart, if you click "restart" from Windows, it will reset your FSB clock on restart.

My bios is up to date, just updated it with @BIOS before I attempted overclocking.
Seriously sucks about having the wrong version.. Maybe newegg will replace it with the new version? Doubt it though since it's not under warrenty anymore. Any other way to get it replaced with the new version for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom