Overclocking Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
No biggie, I've read IBT does more, and quicker then P95 due to what they were both designed for... but I've always used p95, I don't get scathed either way... busy guy

You probably just found the limits of your cpu. I doubt its your board unless you want to lower the multi and find the max FSB on the board. These should be things you need to know if you ever need to change cpu. Atleast you'll know what everything is capable of.

I started running into problems ~500FSB actually with a lower multiplier. When I get the chance I'll have to get the exact settings that I'm currently using that seems feasibly stable. Not knowing exactly what the settings you're giving me do, I'm not certain whats really hindering the performance. I never altered the Multiplier/FSB or Frequency of the Ram... I just manually set the settings you mentioned instead of leaving them on auto. I'm pretty content with what I have, though I'm open for ideas... testing... learning... so on and so forth!

Next would be trying to clock the 8800GTX on stock cooling lol... speaking with you earlier that thing runs hot enough as is! I was trying to use ATITool to do it, which on vista using the beta version I wasn't having MUCH luck... and I did use the nTune before, though that was a while ago... not too much experience with clocking GPU's... especially stock cooling...

One thing I was curious about... when clocking ram... is it generally better to have higher FSB with looser clock times... or the other way around? ...or is that even a valid question?

It's a valid question. It's personal perference. Some like to run tighter timings w/ lower mhz and others like myself like to run higher mhz w/ looser timings. The difference in gaming is negligible. Higher FSB overclocking is the way to go.
The settings I gave are the ones that will help fine tune your system. That is just a starting point. Read up on GTL reference voltage as it can become important to get those last mhz you want stable.

Sounds good, I'll have to try and give them a shot... also kinda off topic again but... when you're watercooling... and you've leaked tested everything seems a-o-k... is it not such a good idea to leave your PC on when you're say... off to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom