Other hobbies besides PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um i play guitar kinda. Bout it. Used to play drums but had to sell them. I guess besides some gaming i like to benchmark and OC more than anything with computers.

Cars... :) I just put the computer thing aside for a while because I couldn't afford the parts.

Mine at Dyno day up near Boston. I have a burnout video on YT, but it has some NSFW language in it.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if you can afford aftermarket parts on a car then you can afford computer parts. I actually JUST had this discussion with a friend of mine who wants to "rice" an 07 Eclipse but yet was complaining how he can never afford to upgrade his computer -.-

^ No.. I was stationed in Southern NM and I just had it tuned at TSP in Abalene TX.. It doesn't go obsolete in 6 mo, but after a couple years the new tech does come out and it always happens after you ALREADY spent $2500 on the parts. Like mine, I am running on some outdated parts and I've been chasing the new tech. My LS1 block was "outdated" when the LS6 block design came out. Then the 243 head castings were trumped when the rectangular port heads came out with the 06+ LS3, 7's and 9's. and the Late 2006 LS2's.

Put it this way.. The LS1 is STILL a powerhouse capable of 500rwhp with JUST heads, cam, intake and good exhaust mods.... No nitrous, blowers or turbos needed. BUT.. That engine stock dyno'd about 400bhp back in 2002 and that was unheard of!! It was only rated at 345hp. GM always underrates their engines and they respond VERY well to mods, even MINOR modifications. BUT the LS3 "E-Rod" 6.2L crate engine was rated at 425hp....................................................It muscled out 496hp on an engine dyno WITH LOG MANIFOLDS AND CATS!! :D :D :D :D Holy CRAP!!!!!

Not to mention the LS9 620hp monster.. *drool*

So basically with cars when parts are "trumped" it's not a $350 part replacement, it's a $2000-$9000 replacement.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom