Orthos stress test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Prime95 as it stresses all four in one instance. Unless there's a newer version of Orthos - it required me to run two instances. Small FFT's are the maximum stress test for the CPU but I ran a blend test and when I got that stable I was no longer worried. From my own experience I'd say 8 hours is the minimum. I quite literally ran a test where I was about ready to call it all good and then one of the cores stopped at 7 hrs 58 min. I now run a 12 hour test as a minimum.

I ran Prime95 as it stresses all four in one instance. Unless there's a newer version of Orthos - it required me to run two instances. Small FFT's are the maximum stress test for the CPU but I ran a blend test and when I got that stable I was no longer worried. From my own experience I'd say 8 hours is the minimum. I quite literally ran a test where I was about ready to call it all good and then one of the cores stopped at 7 hrs 58 min. I now run a 12 hour test as a minimum.

hmm questions...

1. Is the version you use of prime95 called p95v2414?

2. Did you overclock your 8800 GTS by just using the find max core/mem?

3. what kind of a temp diff did you notice when you lapped ur tuniq tower 120?

1. I'm not sure - I'll have to check when I get home to that computer
2. Yes AtiTool but I also use RiveTuner to increase the fan speed from the default 60%
3. I don't know if it made a difference or not since I put it together all at the same time. with about a 24C ambient temp I run 34,34,32,32 idle 58-60 on full load (even though it never runs that hot when I run apps and games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom