OpenSuse - IP address?

ChipShark

Solid State Member
Hey guys I was given a terminal that has OpenSuse installed on it running Linux. The terminal is used for counting fuel for trucks but that is besides the point. How would I go about giving this terminal an IP address? I have figured out how to access the OpenSuse OS (it's hidden behind the fuel count software) and opened the terminal to find two USB ports which I plugged my keyboard and mouse into to navigate. I just don't see any settings or have any idea going about giving an IP address to this terminal on an OpenSuse OS. I have been told that it has been configured to wireless in the past so I know it can be done. If you guys have any ideas at all that'd be great.

For a static IP:
Configure Static Ip using the Terminal

Look into that and see if it helps (granted its from 2010... but it may still be relevant).

Thanks very much. I am very new to this stuff so a basic step by step would be great. Here's a picture of what I'm working with so you have an idea. I barely know how to get into settings as it is in OpenSuse.

elecmeter.jpg

The one I have is bigger and easier to use but just so you guys have an idea. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom