Open box item on Newegg. Should I buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I saw a mobo that I am going to purchase and there is a open box item one for almost half the price. Any experience with buying open box from newegg here?

Just need to decide soon. Thanks for the help

its not a good idea to buy a mother board open box as it may not have all the thigns you need ( io shield plate, sabkes and acessories) anything else i dotn see a prob, i liek open box memory hard drives, cpu's and gpus if you have the correct wires on your psu. otherwise for your mobo stick to retail box.

ok, yes I did stick with new after reading their terms for open box stuff. It's not very customer service friendly

I wouldn't say it's not customer service friendly but there's just the risk. They can't guarentee that everything came back with the item and it could just be a manufacturrer repair/replacement, in which case it would be board only. Best to stick to retail box for mobos. Most other stuff open box is a good deal, though.

I got a B-grade motherboard was great except the lack of all accessories including the onboard sound (strangely was a pci-express addon card) forced me to buy a seperate soundcard which was a great thing as I wouldn't go without one now. I had a load of cables spare from my last motherboard so no problems for me and the motherboard works great. Bit annoyed by there being no backplate but I can just email Asus as and when I want accesories they're suppose to be very generous and in some cases on the net gave out an entire kit of all the accesories for that board as its cheaper then the cost of paying someone to find a single item and take it off the production line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom