Hey guys this is for my cousin,

Not sure if his drive is infected
He's got a 128gb SSD with Windows and a few apps installed
He's got another HDD with all his games installed
He ran disk cleanup, CCleaner and now he has like 4gb free
I made him run chkdsk and sfc scannow
Any idea what else is going on
He doesn't save pics or other files on the SSD

I've seen this happen at work where it showed 0 space free, couldn't fix it so we ended up reimaging it

Do a disk cleanup as well and clean up system files. I bet there are a bunch of GB of old windows install files just sitting there waiting to be deleted.

He's checked the disk cleanup to see if there were and Windows updates hogging up but didn't find anything.
I'll have him try windirstat
Thanks

He's checked the disk cleanup to see if there were and Windows updates hogging up but didn't find anything.
I'll have him try windirstat
Thanks

But did he clean system files when he did a disk clean? Have him delete all but the most recent restore points as well... Those usually take a ton of room if they haven't been shrunk down initially.

If he has all that storing onto his SSD, then that SSD was never properly set up. It's supposed to all go onto the larger platter drive. Disable or move restore, move temp internet files folder to the platter...ect. You can try using BleachBit to see if anything was missed in the clean up

Last edited:
But did he clean system files when he did a disk clean? Have him delete all but the most recent restore points as well... Those usually take a ton of room if they haven't been shrunk down initially.

Did that and only got 24 mb back.
He's run multiple cleaners and isn't getting much back

Back
Top Bottom