On The Hunt: High Quality Speakers. High

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg. Computer speakers are not high quality. don't let anyone tell you that they are.

EDIT: I can just imagine Eric and Crysalis leaning on their desks with their face buried in their hands.

ok fine let me refrase my question, what brands or manufactures should i look into for good 2.1 speakers? I linked one in an early post im planning on getting but not sure yet. I just want a powerful sub with excellent treble n bass. I hate my Z-2200, the consume too many watts n left speaker crackles, i cant fix it, there old speakes given to me from my oldest bro.

hmm im just curious guys, what r the top, selling, worthy brands i personally should look into? I'm using a Z-2200 from Logitech, but it has bad crackles in the left speaker n im on the hunt as well for high quality speakers, mostly that r 2.1. I want ones that have a good bass n treble sound for cheap price. Here are ones im looking into but not sure if i want to get when i have the money that is:

Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System
Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

if any of u can recommend me brands too look into, it will help me a lot, for im hunting for high quality speakers for cheap price. I'll go no higher then $100.

The X230 is a piece of hoot. those little two inch drivers are strainy and makes the music sound suffocated. Not open, free, airy at all. and the bass is so incredibly fake. all its made to do is not distort at high volume levels.

you have to pay for good sound, at least thats what i found through my experiences... check out polk audio, klipsch, cambridge soundworks(i heard they're not too cool, just ok), pioneer and dangit even the upper class Sony speakers(to get away from the typical logitech, altec lansing, creative speakers, and three inch drivers). check out the cheaper bookshelf speakers, then get a Stereo or 5.1 receiver. this all can run from about $150-$230 for an ok stereo pair... cept getting a sherwood receiver makes me itch... never heard them but the price and name... ugh

check out cicuit city's offers. they're prices are always moving around.

Bookshelf Speakers and other Home Audio Speakers at circuitcity.com

Under $200 and other Home Audio Receivers and Amplifiers at circuitcity.com

a bookshelf pair is a wonderful way to slowly work up your way to a satisfying 5.1...

hmm im just curious guys, what r the top, selling, worthy brands i personally should look into? I'm using a Z-2200 from Logitech, but it has bad crackles in the left speaker n im on the hunt as well for high quality speakers, mostly that r 2.1. I want ones that have a good bass n treble sound for cheap price. Here are ones im looking into but not sure if i want to get when i have the money that is:

Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System
Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

if any of u can recommend me brands too look into, it will help me a lot, for im hunting for high quality speakers for cheap price. I'll go no higher then $100.

The X230 is a piece of hoot. those little two inch drivers are strainy and makes the music sound suffocated. Not open, free, airy at all. and the bass is so incredibly fake. all its made to do is not distort at high volume levels.

you have to pay for good sound, at least thats what i found through my experiences... check out polk audio, klipsch, cambridge soundworks(i heard they're not too cool, just ok), pioneer and dangit even the upper class Sony speakers(to get away from the typical logitech, altec lansing, creative speakers, and three inch drivers). check out the cheaper bookshelf speakers, then get a Stereo or 5.1 receiver. this all can run from about $150-$230 for an ok stereo pair... cept getting a sherwood receiver makes me itch... never heard them but the price and name... ugh

check out cicuit city's offers. they're prices are always moving around.

Bookshelf Speakers and other Home Audio Speakers at circuitcity.com

Under $200 and other Home Audio Receivers and Amplifiers at circuitcity.com

a bookshelf pair is a wonderful way to slowly work up your way to a satisfying 5.1...

ok fine let me refrase my question, what brands or manufactures should i look into for good 2.1 speakers? I linked one in an early post im planning on getting but not sure yet. I just want a powerful sub with excellent treble n bass. I hate my Z-2200, the consume too many watts n left speaker crackles, i cant fix it, there old speakes given to me from my oldest bro.

if money is a serious issue and the only thing thats preventing you from being more flexible with your options, either go with some Logitech, Altec Lansing or Creative 2.1's. but i dearly suggest you save up for better buys. you wont get quality sound with these puppies. go to the home theater section of your local Circuit City/Best Buy/ PC Richard, not the computer audio section. ask a sales person and check out the best buys in your price range. and try not to be intimidated with the sales person... most of them dont know hoot about audio. just that the Bose Lifestyle 48 gets the best commission, because its four thousand dollars...

to compensate for the static in the left speaker, cut it off or just shift the sound balance to the right side. atleast you'll still be running two channels... and at that point just sit it on your crt(if you have one) or behind your LCD just to spread the sound out... the important sounds are coming from one source anyway...

hmm woiuld anyone want to recommend 2.1 speakers that i can purchase? Because im having a hard time finding some on newegg.com.

as for the bookshelf speakers, nice find, i might look into it, but i would prefer 2.1 speakers made for computers, no offense AtomicAudio, i appreicate ur help.

logitech x-230's are known to be good, or the i-trigue series from Creative.

I would give more details, but it doesn't do much good.

Creative, logitech, Klipsch and Altec Lansing. Stick with those and you can't really go wrong.

EDIT: Don't go cheap! Assume at least $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom