OMG help needed from some one experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyriiiks

Solid State Member
hi,

my desktop pc has a problem, it says it has no internet connection!, but i do because i got 2 laptops, and both laptops are running fine( abit slow, but still atleast they have internet)

im p****d of because i pay alot for this broadband service, (ntl), and it doesnt work on my main pc,

i got a wireless router, connected to a new modem, which is connected to my pc,

it used to work fine, but last week is started playing up like this!

computers have a mind of thier own!!!!!

also i got xbox live and really want to play the halo 3 beta, but i cant because it states that i have no internet connection.

i have already had a technician around who supplied a new modem, and he couldnt fix the problem though

Could it be that because ntl are now become virgin! and my computer still is trying to connect to ntl?! when it should be trying to connect to virgin broadband?

please help

First off, contact tech support for Virgin and see if you need to change anything.

next, contact tech support for your router. You may need to walk back through the setup, and you may need to update your firmware.

Next, try connecting a lappy to the cable going to your PC and make sure that it actually works.

once you've been through those, if it still ain't working, post back with the symptoms.

Im with NTL and since the move to virgin its fine its more of a re-branding than a change in network structure.

maybe your router has mac filtering or limited the number of devices has it worked with 3 or more devices connected before?

Also if its a new modem sometimes it needs to be activated at their end or registered but if you get a signal on 2 laptops then doubt that's the problem.

Have you tried resetting your router? hold down the tiny button at the back or underneath, and wait 30 seconds then let go of the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom