Old PowerBook 5300 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNinja

Solid State Member
I have had in my posession for some time, an old PowerBook 5300 series laptop computer. It never really worked since the time I had it, probably why I found it in the junkyard. But I brought it home and decided to see if it worked or not.

I plugged it in to the wall and fired it up. It seems like it booted. The fans are running, lights are blinking, etc. The problem is that there is absolutely no picture. My thought is perhaps the monitor unit was fried, or something. I'm not exactly sure, and i hardly ever work on Macs, but I just wanted to get this thing running just for kicks.

Any thoughts on my problems?

Oh yes. I've done that. I've had it all apart, put it back together. Everything is connected, and all the ribbons seem to be intact. Also, the circuit boards don't seem to be damaged in any way as far as I can tell.

looks like something is broken, board or monitor. What you need is a working Powerbook 5300 to test parts against.......

I used to have a PowerBook 5300, nothing but trouble I had to replace the motherboard because of a bad power connector. You might try Sun Remarking though: www.sunrem.com

-GrayWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom