Oh nos. Google down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sorry... That's strange maybe I got the LMS extension from Win. 95! In Windows XP if you go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\, you will see a file called 'Hosts' or maybe hosts.lms, I think the lms extension might be in older Windows OS's. Aside from that, if you open up the Hosts file, you can see a little note and then
127.0.0.1 localhost
or something to that effect (if you have any spyware there'll probably be many more entries.) Essentially, if edited correctly, this could make it so that a user types one thing in a browser and sees something that isnt that thing. Well.. that was a rather strange description. I'll give you an example. Let's say the IP of Blablabla.org is 123.321.123.321. If I wanted the person to see a different address instead of Blablabla.org without them knowing, I'd type in a seperate address. Sorry I'm so bad at describing things!
If you need more info please post :D
-Noz.

<EDIT>Good news! I found a site that explains the Hosts file much much better than I do! http://accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html </EDIT>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom