Official Windows 10 Thread

ANd no info on what this entails?

It's in the article.

*snip*

Windows Insiders have been using Threshold 2 builds for a few weeks now, and so far they come bearing few changes. Still in the pipeline are Edge extensions and performance enhancements, a new universal Messaging app for the desktop and more under-the-hood improvements benefitting Universal Apps. Threshold 2 isn't a ‘big' update compared to Redstone, which is Microsoft's next major update for Windows 10 that will pack a whole load of new features for consumers and enterprises.

That isn't a point to me. The people who use them in the same way mostly use their mobile more anyways AND won't care. That isn't a point in my situation, that's just babble. In my case the PC and the phone are two completely different use case scenarios. So the difference between Microsoft and Google spying on me is a big.

Ok, well you just agreed with me there.. "people who use them in the same way mostly use their mobiles", well they still use them the same... thats my point - why did it take so long for you to agree.

:cool: You are illogically stubborn some times.. :cool:

Look forward to your reply...

Its silly to think there is a difference between phone and computer... a Smartphone is a computer..........

Most people access word docs, emails, contacts, GPS (location tracking), media sites etc on both devices.. so it helps Apple/Google/ Microsoft build a bigger picture of each person... :cool:

Cross referencing both devices that match a unique user gives them more accurate data! :cool:

My computer does way more than my phone ever will, and I don't mean that from a software or hardware standpoint either. Every day my phone doesn't even use up 15% of the battery after being at work for 12 hours if that gives you any idea. I do all internet, texting, social media, and the like from my computer while my phone sits on my desk at work and at home. That's why I said if Google wants to monitor the bickering back and forth with my ex and my sister then fine. Microsoft on the other hand monitoring all activities on my PC is a different story completely. That's not even speaking about grey area activities.

Yeah of course thats the same with me, I agree with you my phone isnt used like my PC BUT! im talking about most users in the world... they use their phones like their PCs and that includes my wife.. they do everything on them and dont have a clue whats being traced/ stored etc..
You agreed with me, then twisted the point to try and "win". The point was, I don't use my phone like I use my PC. My phone never sees the same info my PC sees. Those people that use their phone like their main internet device are ignorant to what goes on behind the scenes so it doesn't apply to them. So in this case in MY usage the lesser of two evils would be Google because I would rather not have M$ monitoring my PC/server usage.

I made a point... and its a fact.. so dont "try" and dismiss a "fact". I find people who ignore facts to be stubborn... im sure everyone can agree?

Its not a contest but it is very silly to debate a fact... :cool:

Plus there is no "winning" in facts... as everyone has acknowledge it no matter what...

Update - Im not even going to bother replying from this point on, PP I thought you had sense and defended you on other posts but you just are hard work I can see what people mean now... I give up.

Last edited:
Hey all.

I have some recent posts in this thread about doing a clean install of Windows 10 from scratch (from a USB); some good, sound info I received from you all.

But one more little thingy..... :p

I'm not sure with which Windows OS this started with, but at some point when you installed a Windows OS onto a drive that had a previous Windows OS already on it, it would create that "Windows.old" folder...but then you could always delete that later. Well, I found out from posting here that I can avoid that during the initial steps of the install by deleting any partitions and then formatting.

But, let me check this, because this (embarrassingly) happened to me in the past:
When performing the Win 10 install from scratch, after it's done, does it do a reboot whether you're present in front of the screen or not? Here's the reason I ask:

In the past when I installed a Windows OS (I think maybe it was Win 7 or 8), it rebooted during the final steps of the install process, but upon the system rebooting, it was booting to my USB drive because I had switched it to that in my BIOS........but then the install procedure started all over again. I didn't catch that at first and thought I was just seeing more of the install process.

Since I didn't "catch" that, it's like it installed the OS again, and then that Windows.old folder got created again.

Does anyone know if the Windows 10 install from scratch reboots after finalizing the install? If so, I want to catch it this time and change my boot priority back to my SSD first from the USB.

Thanks for any info,
Pez

Yes, there's a couple times it reboots after install.

Either set your HDD/SSD to be a higher boot priority in BIOS and use the temp-boot menu (usually F12) to select your USB drive to do the install initially (so that when install is complete, it won't boot off of the flash drive again), OR remove the flash drive after the install process has begun (after it's first reboot, after the "Copying WIndows Files" part completes).

Back
Top Bottom