Official Windows 10 Thread

Finally got my thinkpad T500 to upgrade using the media creation tool. The little icon kept telling me we are currently validating windows 10 for this computer. During install I experienced long black screens and on the first boot. Now the only issue is that my mouse sometimes freezes but i can use the track point. So win10 is not liking the trackpad for some reason

My T61p works fine. Try getting 3rd party drivers from Synaptics (assuming that's who makes your touchpad). You can also try installing the Windows 8 drivers, as those should be compatible as well. It's most likely just using default/basic Windows drivers.

How many peeps on metered connections will even know about this? None...
How many peeps on metered connections will get the Home version? Damn near all of them.

My T61p works fine. Try getting 3rd party drivers from Synaptics (assuming that's who makes your touchpad). You can also try installing the Windows 8 drivers, as those should be compatible as well. It's most likely just using default/basic Windows drivers.

I will try that I just hope that windows update doesn't force install the thinkpad touchpad drivers over the synaptics ones. Is the synaptics driver a generic one or is there a specific one I would need for this touchpad?. I rolled the driver back in device manager since the option was available and that made the mouse not freeze but I could no longer scroll using the bar on the side then shortly after windows update reinstalled the thinkpad driver.

I really don't think lenovo is going to put any support for windows 10 into the T500 being that it is now 6 years old. They did however somehow force a lenovo modern UI bloatware app onto the computer somehow which is pretty useless for my particular laptop

Last edited:
I will try that I just hope that windows update doesn't force install the thinkpad touchpad drivers over the synaptics ones. Is the synaptics driver a generic one or is there a specific one I would need for this touchpad?. I rolled the driver back in device manager since the option was available and that made the mouse not freeze but I could no longer scroll using the bar on the side then shortly after windows update reinstalled the thinkpad driver.
Disable automatic device driver download in Windows 10

As for the driver specifically...it's a generic driver available from their site; I imagine most features will be in the generic driver though.

I really don't think lenovo is going to put any support for windows 10 into the T500 being that it is now 6 years old. They did however somehow force a lenovo modern UI bloatware app onto the computer somehow which is pretty useless for my particular laptop

My T61p is from like 2007 and I just installed the drivers from their manufacturers' sites. Didn't put any Lenovo specific software on it.

Well I turned disabled automatic driver updates and uninstalled the thinkpad pointing device driver. I tried installing synaptics driver which failed. When I uninstall the thinkpad pointing device driver it tells me to reboot then when I am back in windows the thinkpad driver is back. The computer really isn't usable in this state so I think when I get home from work I will be rolling back to win 7. It was a nice attempt at running windows 10 in the thinkpad though. Everything else seems to work fine

Did you choose to delete the driver when you uninstalled from Device Manager? Otherwise it will just keep trying to reinstall itself on reboot.

Well this major suxxx wind wanted to upgrade to win 10, , it had an option to schedule your upgrade, which i did for later, next thing I know its downloading and installing, I did want that NOW!!! now my graphics card will not work , Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Looks like the upgrade from hell right now!! I want to go back to WIN 7 now not sure how to...

Back
Top Bottom