Office 2010 Beta Problems, Experiences, Resolutions, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Is it OK to to have both office 2007 and office 2010 beta at the same time on the same PC or will they conflict with each other?thx

It's worth noting that you won't be able to install Office Beta 2010 64-bit alongside Office 2007 32-bit, if that's your intention. Office 2007 32-bit will have to be removed first.

It's worth noting that you won't be able to install Office Beta 2010 64-bit alongside Office 2007 32-bit, if that's your intention. Office 2007 32-bit will have to be removed first.

Forgot about that, exactly right :thumbsup:

I take that back, what Alvin said was correct bout 64 bit but there is also a 32 bit version as well. So if you want, try it out

I would advise that it is ill-advised to run 2 versions of Office. They are known to cause conflict amongst each other. Especially with the one being a beta, i would highly recommend not using it.

If you are not testing it, it isnt worth it. To "Just get used to it" wont do you any good as being a Beta things change. Just look at the changes made from Win7 Beta to Win7 RTM. Many things didnt work in the Beta but work in the final.

If you need Office for daily tasks, dont use a Beta product ever. It is not for use in that way.

During these posts I was downloading 2010 Beta but used a different version of Office which was the Home and Business Edition. Basically it downloads and installs silently while you view the Power Point Presentation that opens for you automatically. So I have 2007 and 2010 installed with no issues yet but that does't mean no issues will arise. I can simply nuke my OS and reinstall but others may not be able to so do as you wish if you are that interested.

office2010.jpg

During these posts I was downloading 2010 Beta but used a different version of Office which was the Home and Business Edition. Basically it downloads and installs silently while you view the Power Point Presentation that opens for you automatically. So I have 2007 and 2010 installed with no issues yet but that does't mean no issues will arise. I can simply nuke my OS and reinstall but others may not be able to so do as you wish if you are that interested.

office2010.jpg

This is what I did as well Osiris. I heard the only issue is with outlook so I will leave that part alone.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom